Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
Anyone notice that the maintenance scripts "sudo periodic daily weekly monthly" no longer work? The command 'periodic' is now missing

So I'm wondering, is this UNIX cleanup handled differently on Sequoia?

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
Anyone having any issues with calculator since upgrading? Basically it's coming up shrunk down to little more than the equals button and can't be maximized or dragged out to full size.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Not sure if this was present in the previous beta (or even the previous version of macOS) but I had to revert to the built-in screencapture feature due to a new B2 bug with screen recording permissions and noticed it now captures to a small thumbnail in the corner of the screen ala Cleanshot.

As mentioned, screencapture apps like Cleanshot and Screenfloat are broken in B2. When you try to actually take the capture you get a screen recording permission alert that cannot be accepted.
same issue here and its driving me crazy!
have you found any workaround or just switched to the built-in screen capture app?

2REPOU

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2019
i can't change the time from 'immediately' when trying to set a delay (in the lock screen settings) to ask for a password after screen lock (for me, after sleep).

had it at 15 minutes. in beta 2, it's stuck at 'immediately'. anyone else?

View attachment 2392362
Same here. Have to type password whenever it wakes up. I want it unlocked on my wifi and locked when not

Reactions: kevinl2048

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
same issue here and its driving me crazy!
have you found any workaround or just switched to the built-in screen capture app?
I did find a workaround that works for Cleanshot – take an "all-in-one" screenshot and go through the approval process and it _should_ start working. I haven't found a workaround for other apps, however (like Screenfloat).

• Love
Reactions: kvlq

KibJ

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2019
I did find a workaround that works for Cleanshot – take an "all-in-one" screenshot and go through the approval process and it _should_ start working. I haven't found a workaround for other apps, however (like Screenfloat).
I wonder what is different on my install, Cleanshot works perfectly for me without any workarounds. I do still get the annoying nag, but I click allow and it then works fine.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Can't believe it's working!!! Thank you!

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Is there anyway you can request stuff to be added in to the next beta? - I would the option to allow the option for the user to be able to turn off independent screen zooming. It's the main reason I ended up downgrading. I need both screens to zoom not just one.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I wonder if someone could test something for me? There's been a longstanding bug thru the latest Ventura builds and all thru Sonoma where there's an issue selecting a Folder from within the Photos App to use as your Desktop Background AND to have the option selected to randomly cycle thru the photos.

FB13282770 is listed as "More than 10", although there's been zero updates on it ever. Just acknowledging that "More than 10" people are having this issue. What should happen is that you're able to use your own photos in a Photos App folder to randomly cycle thru as you Desktop Wallpaper, but what ends up happening is that the Sonoma Default Wallpaper kicks in.

Anyway, thanks in advance...

GrumpyAF

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2024
Canada, Ireland & UK
Has Anyone notice Mission Control just seems to just die, and the Finder half freezes when you try screen extending to an Apple TV?
MacBook Pro M3 Max 64Gb/2Tb running 15 beta2

Last edited:

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
Is there anyway you can request stuff to be added in to the next beta? - I would the option to allow the option for the user to be able to turn off independent screen zooming. It's the main reason I ended up downgrading. I need both screens to zoom not just one.
The Feedback Assistant app.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
As with the early days of Sonoma, Adobe Bridge V14.1.1 doesn't recognize a USB camera to download pics.

Lou

startergo

macrumors 601
Sep 20, 2018
Magic Mouse and bluetooth keyboard can not wake my Mac mini from sleep on Beta 2. I got several application crashes

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
That annoying bug where intelligenceplatformd eats CPU time for seemingly no reason is GONE thank goodness. My MacBook’s finally running cool while doing some light browsing again, as it should.

Reactions: adrianlondon

branndnew

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
Ever since I updated my OS when my laptop dies and turns back on I get very choppy audio until I do a full restart. Has anyone else been able to replicate the same issues?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Ever since I updated my OS when my laptop dies and turns back on I get very choppy audio until I do a full restart. Has anyone else been able to replicate the same issues?
why does your macbook 'die'? don't let it run out of battery power, see if that changes anything. anyway, no such audio issues here...

Reactions: HuNay

Ismelito

macrumors member
May 25, 2008
I’ve noticed a new issue in B2 that wasn’t happening on Beta 1. If I leave my computer on for some time (overnight for example) and then start using it in the morning, some apps become unresponsive. I’m not sure if it’s related to the fact that I have two separate user accounts (one for work and one for personal use) and I usually switch between them, but this seems to be happening with both Safari and Outlook.

Camperniki

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
Anyone having any issues with calculator since upgrading? Basically it's coming up shrunk down to little more than the equals button and can't be maximized or dragged out to full size.
What's weird too is the Touch Bar doesn't have any of the signs on it anymore either. It gives me things to change the font color (which doesn't work) as well as other text editing like bold and adjusting the alignment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.