Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
15.0 B2.png

Release Date ― June 24, 2024
Build Number ― (24A5279h)
Apple Silicon System Firmware Version ― 11881.0.193.501.1
T2 BridgeOS System Firmware Version ― Pending (iBridge: Pending)

New Features & Changes (Found something new? Please press "Edit" on the bottom of this post and add it here)
Resolved Issues
New Issues (If you are encountering any issues, please press "Edit" on the bottom of this post and add it here)
Remaining Issues

• Alarms may not play when your display is asleep for a long period of time (FB10086690)
    • Workaround: Make your display not fall asleep in Settings > Lock Screen > Turn display off on ____ when inactive. You can turn your brightness off.
    • Issue present since macOS 13.0
  • Screen sharing not working in Microsoft Teams (since Beta 1, still an issue in Beta 2).

Untested Issues
Additional Notes

• Please know, Memory Management has always been an issue on any OS (not just Apple's). If you believe there is a Memory Leak, please go to the Apple Menu > Restart > Restart to fix it.
  • When a new macOS release comes out, all issues automatically go to "Untested Issues" until they are moved by someone. Issues that stay in Untested for 3 releases (beta or smooth) will be removed from all future threads. When there is a new macOS release, please be sure to let us know about the issue's status by moving it to either "Remaining Issues" or "Resolved Issues"
  • macOS 15 Sequoia will be installed via a Delta Update in System Settings. Please be aware about this and the update won’t install with an installer.
  • macOS 15 is officially supported on the following devices. If your device is not listed below, it has unfortunately been dropped by Apple. Any efforts of trying to get your Mac running macOS 15, including bugs should be discussed in this thread.
    • MacBook Air: Intel 2020, M1, M2, M3
    • MacBook Pro: 2018, 2019, Intel 2020, M1, M1 Pro/M1 Max, M2, M2 Pro/M2 Max, M3/M3 Pro/M3 Max
    • Mac mini: 2018, M1, M2, M2 Pro
    • iMac: Pro 2017, 4K 2019, 5K 2019, 5K 2020, M1, M3
    • Mac Pro: 2019, M2 Ultra
    • Mac Studio: M1 Max/Ultra, M2 Max/Ultra
  • macOS Sonoma 15.0 Beta Release Notes
  • macOS Sequoia Preview
  • macOS 15 Release Notes
  • Apple Security Updates
  • Become an Apple Beta Tester

Feel free to add in any issues or new features that you have spotted in this release by clicking the "Edit" button below.

Last edited:

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
New 'Welcome to Mac' splash screen.

Screen Mirroring for iPhone works in UK - added to Dock on first boot, works seamlessly!

Reactions: DanR16

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
New 'Welcome to Mac' splash screen.

Screen Mirroring for iPhone works in UK - added to Dock on first boot, works seamlessly!
Looks like it's based on previous local connections and doesn't work across devices on the same iCloud account like Continuity Camera does.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
Something weird is going on. The system goes from 40 GB free to almost full and back in cycles. A restart fixes it for a few minutes and then it's back. Memory usage looks okay, so it's not that.

• Wow
Reactions: RandomDSdevel

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
The battery on my Intel 2020 MBA isn't doing well, but for some reason on the first beta it wouldn't charge past 80%.

I don't know if it's new, but there's a "Manage Battery Longevity" toggle which I turned off. Made no difference.

Right now, having just installed beta 2 I'm back at 100%.

1719259263745.png

stinksroundhere

macrumors regular
May 10, 2024
'Subscriber Edition' has been changed to 'iCloud Subscriber'.

Windows snapping/tiling is still buggy. Restore from a corner tile doesn't work. Restore shortcut can also go to the last tiled position instead of a non-tiled free floating position.

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
Can anyone confirm Teams and Zoom screen sharing is now working?
It hadn't stopped working, at least for me. Which is to say it's working fine on B2. If you're having issues, try removing it from the list of authorized apps, and worst case, try deleting the app completely, rebooting, and then try reinstalling it. Might help

Reactions: Newfiejudd

Ismelito

macrumors member
May 25, 2008
It hadn't stopped working, at least for me. Which is to say it's working fine on B2. If you're having issues, try removing it from the list of authorized apps, and worst case, try deleting the app completely, rebooting, and then try reinstalling it. Might help
@walterpaisley Have you tried using both Zoom and Teams and are both working for you? I'm having issues with Teams on both B1 and B2 as well. I tried to remove and re-add the app in System Settings, and also reinstalling Teams completely, but I'm still encountering the same issues... When I share my screen, the other person only sees a black screen.

KibJ

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2019
When I open 'Login Items & Extensions' from 'General' in System Settings I juts get a blank pane and nothing ever loads in there.

Reported in Feedback - FB14051301

Nevermind, fixed it 😂

Last edited:

timemaker27

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
Can you transcribe audio note in Notes on Beta 2? Some folks on YT show it was possible on Beta 1. I can record a message but there is no transcribe button.

Last edited:

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Been using it on my main computer for work since this week and so far I have not been running into a single issue. In fact, I would not even be able to tell I was not on Sonoma if it wasn't for iPhone Mirroring in the dock.

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Running well here, too, on my Intel MBA.

B1 broke Time Machine for me (encrypted backup to network drive, was in the release notes) but that's now fixed.

Only issue I have is this new Rotating WiFi Address thingy which, despite being turned off, throws a different MAC address to my home wifi network occasionally after a reboot. A second reboot usually puts it back (to the original fake MAC address - I would prefer it to send my real MAC address, but Apple disagrees).

Reactions: RandomDSdevel

dialekt

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Here are my findings with a bit of a different type of setup. I am using the Apple Vision Pro almost exclusively to edit in for most projects especially final color. DaVinci Resolve works but had a bit of latency using virtual display. Something feels different. Can't place my finger on it yet. It worked better during the second opening of the program. DaVinci Resolve 19 beta 3 will continue to ask for activation key during each launch. DaVinci resolve crashed during editing of iPhone footage and I haven’t been able to open the project since. So far all my major programs seem to open and work just fine. Lightroom Classic latest version, Final Cut Pro seems to have the same level of latency / a slight bit of choppy behavior that DaVinci Resolve does. Successfully exported to usb stick in rekordbox with multiple playlists. 5,000 tracks or so. Capture one wireless tethering works as others. USB tethering was not working for some reason. May have to dig deeper. OBS works. Tested recording as well. No issues other than resolve crashing that I can see for how I use it at this current time

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
Not sure if this was present in the previous beta (or even the previous version of macOS) but I had to revert to the built-in screencapture feature due to a new B2 bug with screen recording permissions and noticed it now captures to a small thumbnail in the corner of the screen ala Cleanshot.

As mentioned, screencapture apps like Cleanshot and Screenfloat are broken in B2. When you try to actually take the capture you get a screen recording permission alert that cannot be accepted.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 8.31.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 8.31.40 AM.png
    900.4 KB · Views: 53

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i can't change the time from 'immediately' when trying to set a delay (in the lock screen settings) to ask for a password after screen lock (for me, after sleep).

had it at 15 minutes. in beta 2, it's stuck at 'immediately'. anyone else?

screen lock.png

Reactions: kevinl2048
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.