Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Yesterday I was having fun with my new iPad Pro. I was typing on the Mac Studio and decided to switch to the iPad. Did Fn-2 on the Keychron Q1 and with my Apple Magic trackpad continued typing away on the iPad. Completely seamless switch.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I will now try to not buy any more keyboards.
I've said that to myself before. About 10 times, lol.

I have a Q2 (the original pre-Pro/Max model) and really like it as well. My only complaint is that I wish it had three right hand nav keys (so I could have Del, PgUp, PgDn) instead of just two.

I can do without the F-row, especially if there's a knob, but I use PgUp and PgDn often enough that even programming Fn-Up and Fn-Dn to PgUp and PgDn is inconvenient for me. Which is why I've also got two Keychron V3's in my collection (has an F-row, but also has one extra key on the right-hand column) along with a Nuphy Halo75v2.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I've said that to myself before. About 10 times, lol.

I have a Q2 (the original pre-Pro/Max model) and really like it as well. My only complaint is that I wish it had three right hand nav keys (so I could have Del, PgUp, PgDn) instead of just two.

I can do without the F-row, especially if there's a knob, but I use PgUp and PgDn often enough that even programming Fn-Up and Fn-Dn to PgUp and PgDn is inconvenient for me. Which is why I've also got two Keychron V3's in my collection (has an F-row, but also has one extra key on the right-hand column) along with a Nuphy Halo75v2.
Certainly makes sense since you use those keys. I use the Del key, but don't think I've ever used PgUp, PgDn, or Home so I'm all set.

Lyoha

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2014
Virginia
I used Home and End a lot on Windows and Linux when editing code, but macOS uses Ctrl+A/Cmd+Left and Ctrl+E/Cmd+Right for those functions, so once I got used to macOS shortcuts, I rarely used any of the navigation keys since. That's why I used 96% keyboards for a long time: no navigation keys but numpad. The Neo70 I bought is a TKL FRL layout and I plan to map the navigation keys to media controls, which is what I use the knob for on my Q2 Max.

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
IMG_3278.jpeg
IMG_3437.jpeg

2 months ago, bought a Q3 Max (TKL) + Q0 Max (numpad) combo, thinking to use them stock would already be fine (it was, but...)

2 months later, already spent hundreds on keycaps, switches, and stablizers lol.
The black set is JTK HSA white on black, a set of shinny finish ABS keycaps (also some metallic artisans)
The retro one is PBTfans Resonance R2, a set inspired by designer Dieter Rams.
Switch wise I am currently using Gateron Azure Dragon V3 on the alphas, since the Keychron came with Jupiter Banana which I liked, so upgraded to another early-bump tactile which a slightly heavier spring.
The mods are using Gateron Sylva (linear)
For stabs no matter how much I lube I couldn't get the stock Keychron stabs to stop rattling, so got a set of Gateron Ink V2 long pole stabs which are fantastic (hand lubed with Krytox)
Oh I also replaced the knobs with these that have PVD gunmetal coatings.

They weren't kidding when they say mechanical keyboard is a cash sinking rabbit hole...

• Wow
Reactions: fp99 and BotchQue
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.