Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Thanks to you all for the infos and tips: now I can wait for 30 days to hopefully see my 51GB back
Apple didn't improve since the first post...

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I waited till today, passed the 30 mythic days and the storage didn't update. After deleting a 50 gb backup I didn't regain my 50 gb storage. I got on an apple chat and had two advisors, highly incompetent plus one "senior" who kept asking to get access to my computer and that I had to update to Sonoma, that has nothing to do with iCloud storage .
I submitted my iCloud storage screenshot to them where it's easy to see there is a mistake but the advisors kept asking questions not relevant to the iCloud issue. So disappointing, so frustrating !
I told them the issue is on their servers , not on my computer.
BTW I checked the email they sent me and if I click on my case id I get that I have issues with my Studio Display !!?

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I waited till today, passed the 30 mythic days and the storage didn't update. After deleting a 50 gb backup I didn't regain my 50 gb storage. I got on an apple chat and had two advisors, highly incompetent plus one "senior" who kept asking to get access to my computer and that I had to update to Sonoma, that has nothing to do with iCloud storage .
I submitted my iCloud storage screenshot to them where it's easy to see there is a mistake but the advisors kept asking questions not relevant to the iCloud issue. So disappointing, so frustrating !
I told them the issue is on their servers , not on my computer.
BTW I checked the email they sent me and if I click on my case id I get that I have issues with my Studio Display !!?
As the person who started this topic over 6 years ago I honestly feel for you. What is evident is that this issue is not going away; it is left to individuals to continually chase up issues where often the person on the other end is either clueless or reading from a script.
I know none of this helps your case, just take comfort that you are part of a family that have and continue to hold this particular problem.

• Love
Reactions: katbel

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I solved the issue and regained my space back! Hallelujah !

I have 2 apple IDs since the iTunes times. I'm sharing my storage with my family that is composed by

Apple ID 1 me
Apple ID 2 me-itunes
My Husband

I need to share it with myself because Apple doesn't let me merge the two accounts without losing all my purchases
from music, movies to apps and subscriptions

I logged out of iCloud-signed in with the usual Apple ID 1 and I used the Apple ID 2 instead, to login
This my first time ever to log-in with this Apple ID 2 in iCloud , I always thought that the other email I use for iCloud is the only ONE

Probably don't ask me why, Apple or an iCloud bug assigned the 50GB to my second ID 2
Deleting it from the first Apple ID 1, let me delete it but it needed the approval from the second ID to give me back the storage space 😵‍💫
Login in iCloud using my Apple ID 2 me-itunes showed me 50GB in use even if everything was 0 KB

I logged out of iCloud on one old device and logged back in with the Apple ID 2 me-itunes
In that moment the 50Gb space magically dissolved , yeah!

I hope this could help someone else having to deal with the storage craziness.

Edited to try to give a little more sense to the messy issue

Last edited:
Reactions: Beards

Beards

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I solved the issue and regained my space back! Hallelujah !

I have 2 apple IDs since the iTunes times. I'm sharing my storage with my family that is composed by

Apple ID 1 me
Apple ID 2 me-itunes
My Husband

I need to share it with myself because Apple doesn't let me merge the two accounts without losing all my purchases
from music, movies to apps and subscriptions

I tried to login in iCloud using my Apple ID 2 me-itunes and there were the 50GB that I deleted more than a month ago even if my backup is off.
I logged out of iCloud on one old device and logged back in with the Apple ID 2 me-itunes
In that moment the 50Gb space magically dissolved , yeah!

I hope this could help someone else having to deal with the storage craziness.
Perfect…… Nice one and thank you for sharing. 👏👏

Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.