Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I think we should avoid this seller they have a fake “midnight alpine”

Last edited:

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Staples has a limited selection of $49 Nike and Sport bands for a bit less than $40.

Mostly the dark, muted colors. I don't keep up with the currency of the color options, but it seems like a mixture of current and more recent.

I picked up Black/Blue Nike Sport Loop, which is a '23/24 model.

There was also a selection of $99 Ultra bands for $80, but they're out of stock, at least for my area, but YMMV.

Free delivery as well.

And BTW, Apple Stores do price match, but only on the exact items, with a 10% max off MSRP, so that strategy isn't a great alternative. Without the cap, I'd probably have just grabbed one from them.

The Sequoia/Orange Nike I really want will have to wait.

mikedis

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Staples has a limited selection of $49 Nike and Sport bands for a bit less than $40.

Mostly the dark, muted colors. I don't keep up with the currency of the color options, but it seems like a mixture of current and more recent.

I picked up Black/Blue Nike Sport Loop, which is a '23/24 model.

There was also a selection of $99 Ultra bands for $80, but they're out of stock, at least for my area, but YMMV.

Free delivery as well.

And BTW, Apple Stores do price match, but only on the exact items, with a 10% max off MSRP, so that strategy isn't a great alternative. Without the cap, I'd probably have just grabbed one from them.

The Sequoia/Orange Nike I really want will have to wait.
Today I learned Staples sells watch bands

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
For anyone considering a M/L Trail Loop in Blue/Gray or Green/Gray, they are currently ten bucks off at Amazon.

Don't feel comfortable with potential risk of fakes, or want instant gratification? Apple Stores will probably price match them.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
I'm pretty sure they'll laugh in your face if you asked for a price match

Well, that's rather odd, as they had no issue price matching the AirTags I bought last year, or when I asked a couple weeks ago when considering a band.

They'll go even farther to not only price match, but do a price adjustment after the purchase has occurred.

And, despite it being a policy that has wavered between being publicly written, unwritten, and little-publicized, it has been in effect since at least 2008.

Here’s a green/gray at that price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/335399565054

That's nice, but not everyone may be looking to sacrifice a no-hassle return policy, or troll for open-box, NOS, and other finds on marketplaces, from random sellers. Or be willing to bear the associated risk for such savings.

You make your own choices, and unless there is an unwritten policy for this thread, like "only discounts 50% off or more need apply," you're also welcome to ignore the tips you don't deem worthwhile.

As once said, "lots of luck, gentlemen."

Reactions: astromunch

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Well, that's rather odd, as they had no issue price matching the AirTags I bought last year, or when I asked a couple weeks ago when considering a band.

They'll go even farther to not only price match, but do a price adjustment after the purchase has occurred.

And, despite it being a policy that has wavered between being publicly written, unwritten, and little-publicized, it has been in effect since at least 2008.

That's nice, but not everyone may be looking to sacrifice a no-hassle return policy, or troll for open-box, NOS, and other finds on marketplaces, from random sellers. Or be willing to bear the associated risk for such savings.

You make your own choices, and unless there is an unwritten policy for this thread, like "only discounts 50% off or more need apply," you're also welcome to ignore the tips you don't deem worthwhile.

As once said, "lots of luck, gentlemen."
Ok wow the first point is a genuine shocker. Glad I didn’t use absolute language in my reply. Good to know.

As for the second part, no, that’s a nice pile of aggressive mischaracterizations of what eBay is. 10% off a band is objectively off-topic. Paying more than, say, 70 for an ultra band is silly season, especially so long after launch.

mikedis

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
lol eBay stores like Cosplay Party just vanished overnight

There’s huge markets for this, just because you don’t buy open box on eBay doesn’t mean nobody does. A lot of people do. Hell, 90% of my bands come from eBay, and I know other collectors in the same boat. That’s kind of the whole point of this thread, trustworthy deals in weird places.

Immediately following your point with a “feel free to ignore me” doesn’t inspire confidence. All deals are welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.