Looking for accessory recommendations for the Magic Keyboard 2

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
Hello,

I have been looking online for some ergonomic accessories for the apple magic keyboard 2 (without the numberpad).
  • A way to angle the keyboard​
  • Wrist rest that would fit the size of the keyboard.​
The keyboard is used on a flat surface lamite desk for a mac, and it is quiet uncomfortable with its non adjustable height and I have yet to find a wrist rest that would match the size of the keyboard.

Are there any good options for adjusting the keyboard height, and any wrist rests that would match the size of the magic keyboard 2?

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor

This looks a little bulky but benefits in height adjustment and It seems to provide stability and support across the back of the keyboard.

This would probably reduce the keyboard flexing compared to sticking on rubber pads?

It seems like there really is no keyboard wrist rest that is for this specific keyboard so will have use one that is going be a little thicker.

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
Personally I would just get a better keyboard to start with. :ROFLMAO: There are plenty of wrist rests out there to choose from though.

I enjoy the design of the apple keyboards minimal design. Small, thin, blue-tooth, and also quiet.

The apple keyboard is designed to work with the mac. It has the function keys.

There are wrist rests they are just all to thick.

I am although currently looking at keyboards, for example the keys mini wireless.

You should look at some of Logitech's offerings. While some of the premium Mac centric keyboards are also non height adjustable they might strike a better ergo balance.

Nothing Apple does is actually truly ergonomic (anyone who remembers the Adjustable Keyboard should know that very pointedly), it's just that many people who can only think with their eyes infer standout ergonomic benefits since they tend to have a unique design when they're released.

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
You should look at some of Logitech's offerings. While some of the premium Mac centric keyboards are also non height adjustable they might strike a better ergo balance.

Nothing Apple does is actually truly ergonomic (anyone who remembers the Adjustable Keyboard should know that very pointedly), it's just that many people who can only think with their eyes infer standout ergonomic benefits since they tend to have a unique design when they're released.

I ordered some little rubber feet that ill be trying on the magic keyboard. If the rubber feat don't cut it, ill probably try to find a quiet, thin, Bluetooth keyboard that has mac key caps. Something probably by Logitech as you suggested.

There were some reviews that have given me concern about spending the amount of money on the Logitech mac line. keyboards not connecting or having a long time delay when waking the mac up, the function of the backlight not being fully active.

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
If it's just a matter of height, then you could probably look into something like a rubber mat cut to an appropriate size (and perhaps the offcut used at the back of the keyboard to lift it) and go to town with double sided tape. This would also have the advantage of making the flimsy keyboard feel far less skittery.

This a good idea! Thank you.

I will post if the feet end up working or not.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
Benefit of the Apple keyboard being so thin is I use the desktop as a wrist-rest.
I did try doing that for a hour and changing posture but it was uncomfortable.
I don’t know about OP but Touch ID is the main reason I got mine and I‘m quite happy with it.

Whenever I miss the sound of a mechanical keyboard I put on this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXb7U9N2nI

😛

The touch id is nice feature. If there was a mechanical keyboard that was as quiet as the Apple keyboard, wireless, and small. I would not mind buying it.

alirope

Smack-Fu Master, in training
I appologise to write here, can't create the thread. So I've had my Razer Cynosa Lite keyboard for about two years now. At first, everything was fine: I changed the backlight colors and everything worked fine. When I turned off the computer, the keyboard also turned off.
But about a month ago, I installed a clean version of Windows 10 from the official Microsoft website without any additional tweaks or modifications (and the computer remained the same). Since then, the keyboard no longer turns off when the computer is turned off and stays on day in and day out. At the same time, the automatic shutdown of the backlight during inactivity functions as usual, but when the computer is turned off, it continues to glow.
In all my Google searches, I found only three solutions to this problem: 1) turn off the physical button on the keyboard, if there is one (mine doesn't have one); 2) set the keyboard software to turn off programmatically (I've already checked that I can, but it doesn't help); 3) go into the BIOS and enable hibernation on the south bridge outputs (well, I've done that too, to no avail)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions))

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
I use a Logitech MX Keys, which is also nit angled enough. I bought some rubber feet and glued them in with contact cement. The feet came with sticky pads that made them removable, but they kept coming off whenever I moved the keyboard.

How does the movement between keys feel on the Logitech compared to the magic keyboard?

The apple magic keyboard, the one without numeric keypad (this is the one I have), feels like the keys are far apart in comparison to a keyboard with double shot pbt keys.

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
I don't use the software. The MacOS settings is enough for me to disable Caps Lock, swap CTRL and Command, and set up some shortcuts.

What mac settings are you using for sleep mode?

I am curious if its maybe the backlight setting being kept on waking up the mac since the keyboard turns on the lights when it detects changes in light or if your hands are over the keyboard.

Struxxffs

Ars Centurion
Subscriptor
My keyboard backlight is set to always on, and I keep it at about 40% brightness. My sleep settings are below:

View attachment 84856

Thank you for sharing your settings. I am wondering now if its maybe something wrong with the mac mini.

The mouse, Logitech MX Ergo Wireless bluetooth has been randomly connecting and disconnecting.