Whatapp notifications on gw5 pro

(Topic created on: 09-14-2023 06:56 AM)
knightwing
Active Level 2
Options
Support
Whatsapp notification not alerting on my galaxy 5 pro with ui 5 wear os 5

Previous ui 3.5 wear os 4.5 no issues.

Tested the notifications comes in only when phone is using wi-fi. If in mobile data no notifications 

Any one similar issues?

6 Comments
Support
Hi Knightwing. Is the Whatsapp app installed on your watch?

If so, the Whatsapp app on WearOS watches has been causing delayed notifications and/or repeated notifications.

Uninstalling the Whatsapp app on the watch is a solution.
0 Likes
knightwing
Active Level 2
Support
Yup uninstall it for good..the notification comes in..and can reply one message only then the need to use phone to continue more..
Support
Yup uninstalled mine too. Downside is that only the latest notifications can be read and replied to.

Let's hope Whatsapp fixes this soon. :)
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Yeah.. got once.. I never access my WhatsApp app on my Watch for about 1 week. Then, 1 week+ of WA messages just kept sounding on my watch repeatedly. Drained at least 30% from the whole sync up.
knightwing
Active Level 2
Support
It's install on my watch..did that already still only receive notification when using wi-fi
Once switch to mobile data. It holds all the notification until I get back onto wifi..weird means I can only notification at home

I uninstall whatapp on my watch? Do I re-install? If dont re-install how to I reply directly from my watch or chat from my watch?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
If there's no whatsapp installed on ur Watch (after uninstallation), u can still reply to any whatsapp notification that is coming from ur phone. Just that u can only reply to the specific chat, if there are incoming messages. Which means u cannot initiate a conversation first.
0 Likes