Original topic:

Some apps couldn't update

(Topic created on: 07-09-2024 05:17 PM)
VenusM
Active Level 3
Options
Support
Why some apps no matter how i try it shows couldn't update. Is it my Samsung version too old thus can't support? Have been wondering about this.. 🤔 

0 Likes
15 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hi, can check if these apps are put to deep sleep and disabled alr?
0 Likes
VenusM
Active Level 3
Support
No leh. They are in active state. Across my different samsung phones there bound to have some apps in couldn't update state. Until now i don't know what to do. I have a secret fear one day these apps may not be able to work anymore. 🙃 eg the NTUC me@income app couldn't work with my A8star. Ended up i have to load it onto A30 to continue using the app. It says your phone can no longer support this app something like that on A8star. But all along it was working fine until one fine day it just stop working.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Or sometimes, there could be issues with the new update. A few days later, u can update the apps normally again. Monitor for the next few days.
0 Likes
VenusM
Active Level 3
Support
This issue has persisted for quite some time. I also scared those apps that deny me from updating will i get virus or lack of protection since I'm using the un updated version. I suspect could be my hp version is old so can't keep up to these updates after updates? Anyway, will see how it goes.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hmm.. maybe u can try to uninstall these apps and reinstall back again, to see if the issue persists.
0 Likes
VenusM
Active Level 3
Support
Scarlee take out liao they totally don't even allow me to install back 🤣 i dare not take the risk.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Currently, what Android version is ur phone on?
0 Likes
raychay
Active Level 3
Support

Probably the app requires a newer Android version thus not supported.

I took out my old S8+ on android version 9 to use cos sending in my S21 with green line issue to service centre and some apps also cannot be updated.

VenusM
Active Level 3
Support
Force us to buy new phones but new phones got green line issue i scared. Will see how it goes..
0 Likes