Options
Support
Where to get a replacement screw 
0 Likes
6 Comments
Nick_shaw08
Beginner Level 2
Support

Any luck.  Samsung tech has been a complete waste of time. The engineers that designed this with plastic 1/4-20 screws need to be fired. . .

GulaC
Active Level 3
Support
Haha I know right. Even if the screws don't break, they are not strong enough to hold the projector in certain positions
agingtooquickly
Beginner Level 2
Support

Supporting screw undoubtedly poorly designed ie. won't support weight of projector and tightening twists the head off screw. Replacement screw costs $43/screw Canadian from Samsung Parts Canada (I suspect it costs Samsung  a few pennies to produce).We replaced the plastic screws with two metal slotted 1/4"-20  camera screws which came with rubber washers. Cost $9 dollars CDN from amazon . Not so pretty but works just fine.

rando2010
Beginner Level 2
Support

I broke my screw trying to get it to tighten would you mind sharing the link please. 

0 Likes
ekitrina
Beginner Level 2
Support

I found one on Home Depot 
It is Everbilt 1/4 in.-20 x 1/2 in. Phillips-Slotted Round-Head
As the other person said it works and holds fine and a bit better too.

This is the one I have used for about a year and I had no issue at all as long as you use the washer that came with them so It can hold the metal frame nicely.

You might be able to get away with 
1/4 in.-20 x 3/4 in. Phillips Flat Head Zinc Plated

14.png
but I'm not sure if a washer or no washer is included in it.

0 Likes
winmeabrick
Beginner Level 2
Support

Found reasonably priced replacements on Etsy, and so far they hold up great https://usefulprints.etsy.com/listing/1734026821/replacement-screw-set-for-samsung

0 Likes