Original topic:

Registered Products gone from Samsung account on phone

(Topic created on: 04-11-2024 01:41 PM)
WikiChoy
Active Level 1
Options
Support
Hi,

I bought my first Samsung smartphone, a Galaxy S22 Ultra in January 23. Since then I faced multiple issues with functions like connectivity, Samsung account log in (multiple emails all indicating my phone model & chrome as new device sign in after my every phone login) , password ( Samsung password for my Samsung Gmail ID keeps getting changed) and product registration ( Re-reregistered Products keep disappearing). The motherboard of my phone has been replaced twice even before the warranty period was halfway over. I kept getting locked out of my phone and also received multiple emails requests for Factory Reset to my Samsung Gmail account from unknown devices models which l do not remember ever owning. I became first time Samsung owner only in Jan 2023. The Galaxy 20, Tablet SMT705 & JX8 were before my Samsung membership time, so why were the requests for Factory Reset for devices using my Samsung Gmail ID account sent to my Gmail? I can tell they were not the MDR Samsung Service Centre loan devices l used while my phone was being serviced as the dates/device model do not match. After l reported suspected Breach of my PD to Samsung after the questionable notifications, things were quiet for a while. Samsung attributed the "error" to reason that "Members are entitled to fill out contact details with whatever information they want/desire"?! Seriously? How about I filled out mine with DBS CEO email? 
Recently on 28 March 24, l received my phone back from PS Samsung Service Centre. Earlier I found it impossible to make outgoing calls or to surf online with my mobile data, again. The Staff at Service Centre perform tests & confirmed the device was faulty & took it in for servicing. The device collected was diagnosed as functioning properly so they simply updated software.. After servicing my Purple Galaxy Buds 2 stopped working. I checked my wearables app & Samsung account in my phone settings for my registered products & found out that the buds were not registered anymore. All 3 others, my mobile, my tablet and now lone Galaxy earbuds Pro 2 Graphite were still reflected. 
Today, I access my Samsung account on my phone settings to attempt to connect to Microsoft Authenticator when l discovered that only my Samsung S22 Ultra was registered in the account. My X200 Tablet & Galaxy Pro 2 Graphite Earbuds were all gone. I checked my Members app and l only saw my phone registered. However, My Samsung account in Shop app shows all 3 devices, the phone, tablet and Galaxy earbuds 2. This "now you see it, now you don't" disappearing act has been ongoing since l bought the phone. There was once l saw either on the Members or Shop app that l had joined Samsung membership since 2018/19 & then there was this other phone, model unknown which was registered on my Samsung Members or Shop account. l was in turn puzzled, bewildered then furious & so l took the incriminating pictures, deleted the unwelcome intruder of a phone then intended to file a complaint. But as l did not backup before this latest servicing , the images were gone along with the factory reset. Previously l had also received notifications for repair status not meant for me nor my devices and numerous consecutive same day verification codes requested for <#>account & account:. They seems to be meant for someone else who is sharing my contact details (my Gmail ID & mobile number) for my Samsung account. I think it's utterly dishonest, terribly hypocritical & extremely irresponsible of Samsung to investigate the incident and then came up with /cooked up such a far fetched, ludicrously rediculous joke of such low calibre, a conveniently pedestrian excuse to poke and rile by carelessly & callously patronising your customer, doing anything & everything simply to avoid accountability, elude responsibility, overlook & dodge mandated obligations under PDPA. I hope Samsung takes the same 11 obligations seriously & look harder into such matters and I hope that this will be the final time ever l will have to register my X200 Tablet & Galaxy Pro 2 Graphite Earbuds. Else my next stop will be FB, insta & everything & anything l can lay my eyes on or lend my hands or voice to. Word of mouth is the best publicity & a six inch tongue can slay a six foot man. Kindly assist & update me on matter. Thanks 

0 Likes
6 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Hi, can u try to log into Samsung account on the website and click on the right side drawer and Product Registration. Then, click My Products tab. Check to see if all the products are indicated as Registered through Samsung Members ?
0 Likes
WikiChoy
Active Level 1
Support
Been there done that.. Always disappearing from Members
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Yes, I also realised that all my previously registered to Members devices are now displaying the "Register". Not sure if they have reset everyone's devices by accident.
0 Likes
Samsung_Ryan
Community Manager
Options
Support

Hi WikiChoy,

Sorry to hear you're facing this issue. We would like to find out more and assist you. 

I have direct messaged you through Samsung Members. Could I trouble you to reply my direct message with your contact details so we can reach out to you? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Support
i am sure your acct is being hacked into. changed all your accounts password to a different respective password
0 Likes
Im-Possible
Beginner Level 2
Support
I cant make outgoing calls
0 Likes