Original topic:

Refuse to pay for Samsung Screen Repairs caused by software Updates! - WHITE BAR near camera.

(Topic created on: 02-05-2024 08:50 AM)
Jengancc
Beginner Level 2
Options
Support

Seems mobile phone has software update issue causing screen to burn. See image with white line. I have same issue.

You can find similar issues on internet in links.  Samsung is making us pay for their mistakes. WHY? Not our fault!

The cost is 56 SGD "out of goodwill". It is their mistake.  All samsung users, please help sign petition and make a stand.

If you are not a samsung mobile user, you are likely a mobile device user! We as customers are at their mercy and we must voice out.  

Please make your voice count so that they hear us! Sign this petition. https://chng.it/bZF4n25yxf

Jengancc_0-1706616367055.png

Links showing others with same issue.

A white bar appeared on S22 Ultra screen out of th... - Samsung Members

S22 ultra white line issue - Samsung Members

5 Comments
Support
$56 most likely is labour cost
soundscape
Active Level 3
Support
so I went to get my phone fixed for this same issue for my s22ultra, and they did it for free since I still have Samsung care. But honestly, it's not my fault. It's happened to a bunch of other people too. Even the customer service rep said it's a common problem. So, they clearly know it's their issue.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
Yes.. that's why my Z Fold 3 got repaired last year with no questions asked, even though I knew it was design defect.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Support
But I think at this point of time, is it more worth to forgo the $56 labour cost and instead get a new phone than just pay the $56 and get it repaired for a new lease of life?

Similar issue happened to my Z Fold 3 last year.. fortunate for me that I still had Care+/warranty coverage, hence my repair was free. But if my warranty ended and they were willing to just charge me $56 for the labour fees, even though I knew it was not my fault, I would still pay the $56 to have it repaired.

I know it's frustrating that it's not ur fault, yet u have to pay for the damage. However, Samsung being a big corporation, they won't recall the entire series, just because of several ppl experiencing screen issues. But all I know is that they will offer free repairs or a small fee (just to cover labour cost) to fix the issues. Of course not every customer service officer u encounter will assist with this. So u may need to visit another service centre to attempt again.

As for your case, now that u just need to pay the labour cost of $56 to replace the out-of-warranty LCD and u will be able to extend ur phone usage for probably another 2 years or so. So why not..

But I won't stop u if u are proceeding ahead with the petition, as u are the user and u have the right to be angry and disappointed when ur device fails u less than 2 years.
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Support

Hello Jengancc. I am Nantakkumar, from Samsung.

We're truly sorry for the experience you're currently facing. However, we're unable to assist you through this platform but we strongly suggest you contact our Samsung Care Line at 1800-425-2997 and our experts will be able to advise accordingly.

Thank you.

0 Likes