Original topic:

Anybody have solution for samsung Z Flip 3 battery drain so fast.

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 09:43 AM)
ASKU
Active Level 1
Options
Support
Anybody have solution for samsung Z Flip 3 battery drain so fast
8 Comments
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Support

Hello ASKU. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. Can we trouble you to perform following troubleshooting steps?

Step 1 : Perform “Soft Reset”. Kindly refer to the below steps:
>> Please hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously. While holding both of the buttons, the phone will automatically restart.
>> You can release the buttons once the phone prompt with Samsung logo after the phone already turn on

Step 2 : Enabling “Safe Mode”. It boots the phone with factory settings, while temporarily disabling all the third party applications. This helps us to understand whether the issue is caused due to any application conflict or a software problem.
>> Power off the phone.
>> Power on the phone. The Galaxy logo displays.
>> When the Samsung logo appears press and hold the volume down button.
>> 'Safe Mode' displays on the bottom left hand side of the screen when the steps above are done correctly.
>> You may restart your device to exit from safe mode

Verify whether the issue is resolved in the safe mode. If the issue is not replicated in safe mode, it may be due to the 3rd party application; it can be resolved by uninstalling the application(s) causing the problem by going to Apps>> Settings>> Applications>> uninstall the app one by one and check which app is causing the issue.

Step 3 : Enable power saving mode
- Launch settinng> Tap on Battery and device care> Tap on battery> Enable power saving

Please call our Samsung Care Line 1800-726-7864 for Smart Tutor Service if the issue persists. The advantage is, we will be able to assist you with further troubleshooting over the call.

Thank you.

0 Likes
ASKU
Active Level 1
Support
Dear Faiz..Thank you very much for helping...I already tried above method...I manage to go inside safe mode...How to check the problem is resolved or what to check?...You mean ask me to keep the device 1hr or 2hr to check battery drain %?
0 Likes
Support
Turn off 120Hz for screen. Short and simple solution.
ASKU
Active Level 1
Support
Where is that 120hz option?..I can't find that.pls advise.
0 Likes
Support
Under display, motion smoothness, set it to Standard instead of Adaptive...

How long have u been using this flip 3? Cos I noticed that most Samsung phones has this issue of poor battery life during their 1st few weeks of usage... As you use the phone, the battery management gets better...
0 Likes
ASKU
Active Level 1
Support
I'm all the way using Samsung but this is too bad..Morning 100% afternoon 30 to 40%...just normal phone usage I never use game or watch video.
0 Likes
Support
I understand where u r coming from... You may wish to follow the steps as mentioned by Faiz above and see whether it helps.

I used to always help my friends to troubleshoot their battery life, you may wish to follow on the following that I always ask my friends to do:

- Turn off any Always On Display
- Turn off Bluetooth if you don't uses any wearable/headset
- Turn off NFC if you don't use it for payment
- uninstall apps that runs in the background despite low usage of them
- turn off unnecessary notifications from apps (sometimes some apps just keep spamming notifications to u like Shopee, Lazada, Shopback, Adidas, etc...)
0 Likes
ASKU
Active Level 1
Support
Naxchua..Thank you very much, I can see bit improvement by changing Adaptive display to Standard.tks....Others like NFC,alway display on.bluetooth already disable condition.