Original topic:

2 vertical lines appeared on my Samsung S21 FE after updates

(Topic created on: 03-22-2024 03:27 PM)
Annie6
Beginner Level 2
Options
Support

I have encountered issue with my Galaxy S21 FE 5G smartphone following a recent software update.

After the update, 2 persistent vertical lines has appeared on my phone's screen.  These lines just suddenly appeared on my screens within a day.

Went to Samsung customer service center but they refuse to replace the screen for free.  I need to pay in order to get the issue fix which is very UNFAIR as my phone was well taken care of (less than 2 years) and this issue was actually due to Samsung software/hardware !!! The screen replacement fee is very costly and only for one month warranty which put me on hold.  

I am very DISAPPOINTED with their service and also felt annoyed why other customers able to get their screen replaced for free which is VERY UNFAIR to us. 

Would appreciate if Samsung team look into this matter URGENTLY and get back to me ASAP.

If Samsung team is unable to solve my problem, this will be my FIRST & also my LAST Samsung phone (phone bought on July 2023). 

8 Comments
Vinoth0t
Active Level 1
Support
Ya really disappointed 😞. Me also faced Worst in store support . Mine to .. last phone from Samsung .
0 Likes
ayie1977
Beginner Level 2
Support
Omg same issue with my phone S21 FE,got green vertical line came out 2 days ago,was wondering how much will it cost for repair in Samsung Service Center Singapore
0 Likes
VenusM
Active Level 3
Support
Since this user also experienced the same, Samsung should really look into it and rectify it asap instead of asking users to pay.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/support/s21-fe-vertical-lines-after-updates-29-oct-2023/td-p/242...
0 Likes
ARamKumar
Active Level 1
Support
My Phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) had got a Pink line and a Green line. That's pathetic! I had used it only for 2 years and 1 month.

Earlier, I was using Apple iPhone 6 which was bought in the year 2014 and it's still working now, even after 10 years.

What's wrong with Samsung's gadgets!
0 Likes
L0Y3
Beginner Level 2
Support
Any one happen to hv both green & pink vertical line for S22+? It happen to mine after update too.
0 Likes
weeteck
Active Level 3
Support
Don't buy samsung phone.my fold 4 after updated many problem.go service centre they say will check if software or hardware problem so they can push to u.even hardware problem.the website claim fold 4 can fold up to 200000- 400000 time to Its life span.after using one year plus the phone stopped working .so u think I everyday fold my fold 4 100 time meh.this is my last samsung phone.gonna boycott this brand
0 Likes
kenho_76
Beginner Level 2
Support
I am having same issue, with 1 white line after software update. Is there new tactics for Samsung to force their customer to get a new phone?!
0 Likes
Alvincmm
Beginner Level 2
Support
I have a S21FE and after a software upgrade yesterday 4may24, the screen has a green line. I called Sg Samsung customer service, I was quoted $50.45 for checking the phone. Guess how much the display replacement cost? $388! Madness!
The problem should be fixed for $0. I have other phones that are still going strong after 8 years without ant screen problems. What is the point of offering 7 years of updates when one update drives you away from Samsung?
0 Likes