Original topic:

Samsung Wallet Contest

(Topic created on: 06-18-2024 06:38 AM)
SnowCat19
Options
Samsung Pay
Good Morning Samsung Fam!!

So I've heard alot of people complaining about the Samsung Pay contest where purchases are not registering.

I have completed my 10 purchases which were all made with my RBC Credit Card. I had no issues with the payments being registered as a purchase. However.....it was not instant. Also I feel the servers have slowed down a bit due to this contest.

This is what I noticed;
After making a purchase with Samsung Pay, you usually get a notification saying the payment was made via Samsung Pay and the transaction is shown in your Samsung Pay under that payment method. Well I was not getting this notification till after the payment was posted which sometimes can be a few days.

That means when I made a purchase and it was sitting as "Authorized" with my credit card, (as shown from my online banking app) it was not registered as a purchase yet with Samsung pay nor was the purchase transaction showing under Samsung pay.

Some took almost 2-3 days to change from authorized to posted. But as soon as it changed to posted with my credit card, I received the notification of the purchase being made on Samsung pay, the purchase details and the transaction was showing under my Samsung pay wallet for that particular credit card, and it was registered as a purchase.

For those who have been making purchases with a credit card with Samsung pay, I would suggest to be just a little patient. If your using a debit card try switching it to a credit card.

If the payment has already changed from authorized (or pending with some banks) to posted, and it still doesn't show the transaction on Samsung pay, it won't show as a registered payment. Probably still updating.

If the payment has changed from authorized to posted, and it is showing the transaction details on Samsung pay that a purchase has been made but it still doesn't show as a registered payment for the contest, than that is something to bring to Samsung Pay support.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

2 Comments
pchan0
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
you're quick getting the 10 purchases! 👍🏽
0 Likes
aedan
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
Mine doesn't show on my wallet .I don't know if I am in the contest.
0 Likes