Original topic:

The Worst Excuses for a System error for an Online Purchase

(Topic created on: 09-17-2023 12:22 AM)
dizmoo
Active Level 5
Options
Samsung Online Store
There has been alot of *** & wat not with regards to Samsung Online.. This is worst is terms of the explanation given..

1 -Purchase done, Transaction Email sent by Samsung's paymaster agent (it's outsourced) 'no standard ' 
2- Banking Email confirmation received .
3 - usually the confirmation email by samsung is almost instant , details like Sales Order No as the subject heading , the Order ID.. for us to tracking.

but after abt 30min, still nothing ..I decided to call in.. The officer ask for my Order ID number which I couldn't provide . but I have other refence numbers.
He informed me to wait as system could take 24 hours for the confirmation email to be send..
His 1st mistake , trying to smoke me & just move along ...Nope im not having it.. then he mention with my other confirmation invoices will submit to the relevant dept.. I ask politely , so I'm expecting a reply today .He mention that he could not say as due to SOP and process ..
Got me work up.. I asked him..
Your 1st method of assistance is to enquire for my Order ID number ... If I'm able to provide . means that I have received the Confirmation Email from Samsung ..And if I have the Order ID number .. Why then would I need his assistant in the 1st place ??

He keep trying to round & round in circles taking abt SOPs... 
My only question now is , does he actually know how a consumer has the ORDER ID number in the 1st place... & If I do have it.. Please advise what is the point in calling, because what advise they are about to give.. We consumers with that Order ID are also able to retrieve ourselves ...hahahah ..
Still has the Gum to ask if there's any else he could assist with as , the time spent on this call as been quite some time...

I didn't want to continue , but my impatient took over.. So I advise him, in future conversations.. May try to understand the situation 1st and if not , when consumers again repeat the issue ..Try freaking harder to pause & understand the issue before giving Sub-Par answers posing as The Logical reasoning & answer .. ***
14 Comments
sparco108
Active Level 1
Samsung Online Store
samsung sg CRM system is a complete joke lah.. Even their EDU interface for students when there is an issue, the call centre staff just try to give a smoking gun answer. Even though they are not able to see what is exactly the offer or promotions tats showing lol
totally way below service standards for world no 1 Andriod phone manufactur.. but i suspect this is only in relation to Samsung SG...
Ruby4Ever
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Yes, their call center team has very limit systems to actually help customers at all.. basically whatever information they can provide you is from the main website itself..But if they are not up to date...ho ho ho.
Then they too are unaware of the issues that are on the website ..lol
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Samsung Online Store
the online transaction is very straightforward and systematic. shouldn't have gone wrong. did you make payment through other channels, such as atome paylater or that kind?
0 Likes
dizmoo
Active Level 5
Samsung Online Store
hmm, this is like my 20 plus online purchase already ..so..
just for context.. after pyt .. cousumers received email confirmation from banking side , then from Samsung's outsourced Payment Merchant System ... with the transaction no, reference no, ba ba ba..
Then followed by samsung's own internal CRM system sending out a confirmation email , IE with subject heading ur ORDER ID no... & the details of ur purchase & even the link to Track ur delivery ..
Notice it's ORDER ID number from Samsung ..
hence if you do not receive this, even calling to samsung , they will immediately ask for the Order ID number , even though ur enquire is tat u didnt receive the Confirmation ..
So basically , if customer is unable to provide Order ID , well nothing they can do for at least 1-2 day..
But the craziest is... I ask him..If customer has the Order ID number , then what other Information can the Call Centre staff provide ? that we already have access to ??
Anyone wants to give my rebuttal question back ??
Acutally there is, but because the staff are train to read from script / templet .. & are not trained to actually listen to the issue & realize that, hey there isn't a scripted reply to give ..
0 Likes
dizmoo
Active Level 5
Samsung Online Store
further more James, I see quite afew post where you seem to doubt us consumers point of view regurding samsung's overall SOP & inter-dept coordinatation ?
or maybe ur just trying to offer another way of viewing the issue..
But, hmmm.. nope ...Base on the types of Issues & mistakes by samsung , any type of mistake is possible
0 Likes
Ruby4Ever
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Lol
0 Likes
dizmoo
Active Level 5
Samsung Online Store
example of samsung using a outsourced Payment Merchant System... For Stature of Samsung as a Company .. it's laughable ..
sorry for Samsung as a Multi Golbal Conglomerate ?? poor us consumers in SGScreenshot_20230916_171434_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
dizmoo
Active Level 5
Samsung Online Store
just for lack of effort by samsung to show any improvement . I'll even attach a screen shot of their 'Mistake '
but this is for the consumer benfit .Screenshot_20230917_152053_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg
dizmoo
Active Level 5
Samsung Online Store
look at the overtrade amount & my 'expired discount code ' when samsung realized their mistake ..
they immediately removed the conditions that will allow anyone to benefit from this ..
See if can decipher where their initial mistake was on the Website ..lol cheers
0 Likes