Original topic:

Beware if you are using shop app with education store

(Topic created on: 01-29-2024 08:06 PM)
soundscape
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Online Store
I made a purchase through the education store on the Shop application for the S24 Ultra and S24.

Within the Shop application, I am able to access the education store associated with my account. Additionally, the education store banner is prominently displayed at the top of the application.

I received the 10% discount offered for my initial purchase using the Shop application. Which is heavily promoted across their homepage in bid to get more shop app user install base.

Upon completing the payment, I discovered a discrepancy in the pricing. The amount I paid corresponds to the online store's pricing, whereas I was under the impression that I was making the purchase through the education store.

Subsequently, I revisited the education store on both the website and the mobile application, where I observed the availability of the education discount. Which is clearly different from what i paid for. 

I have already communicated all the relevant details to Samsung.

1. I informed the customer service representative that the education store was indeed available on the Shop app, contrary to their initial assertion where they insist there is no way to access the education store via shop app. They acknowledged their education store does exist upon reviewing the app again.

2. Despite my efforts to provide evidence, including screenshots, the customer service officer initially denied the existence of the education store. They eventually admitted their unfamiliarity with the app.

3. The customer service officer then incorrectly stated that the 10% discount was not applicable to the education store. I presented evidence demonstrating that the discount was being promoted within the education store, and the terms and conditions did not exclude its use there. I even have a screenshot of the T&C which didn't mentioned such exclusion.

4. Furthermore, I provided a screenshot of the price I paid before completing the transaction, clearly displaying the education store banner at the top of the app.

Following numerous communications and their purported investigation, the company has disregarded my screenshot of the banner, asserting that their records indicate the platform as an online store, despite my evidence to the contrary. They are unwilling to acknowledge the technical issues encountered during the launch of the S24 series, which I believe resulted in the system capturing incorrect pricing.

As a consumer, I feel deceived and misled by the application and promotion. 

I am experiencing an issue where I am being charged the online store pricing instead of the education store pricing. I am seeking assistance from website administrators or Android app professionals who may be able to track the screen on which the transaction occurred.

Additionally, I would like to speak with a Samsung management representative who can provide a resolution to this matter, as I have received unsatisfactory responses from the call center.

Anyone who had made the purchase with education store pricing and 10% additional discount? Please share here. Thank you so much.

9 Comments
zurplox
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
I bought my s24 using edu store via shop app. It charged me the edu price. There must be some bugs or glitch at that moment.
soundscape
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Thanks zurplox! Did you also get the 10% off for first purchase together with the edu pricing?
0 Likes
zurplox
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Yes. Both discounts applied
soundscape
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Thank you for your confirmation. It appears that there may be a technical issue, but my case has not been acknowledged as such.
0 Likes
soundscape
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Hope more users can share your experience that what I'm experiencing is indeed a glitch in the system.
0 Likes
bqgc
Active Level 5
Samsung Online Store
Me too glitch.s21FE
0 Likes
nDOS
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Online Store
You either get the education discount or the first time 10% off, you can't get both, I tried and it was cheaper to buy with the first time 10% discount at regular store prices since it was giving close to 78000 rewards points (first 3-4 days of launch only) equivalent to SGD156
0 Likes
soundscape
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
Thank you for sharing your findings. I also performed the calculations and discovered that the education store offers a $200 discount as compared to the normal store. I also discovered this information about not being able to use 10% off in the education store today after reviewing their terms and conditions. However, I have a screenshot of their previous terms and conditions for reference, which did not indicate it. They advertised the 10% everywhere in the education store, so i find it super misleading. appears that I am not the only one who has provided feedback on this matter.
0 Likes
soundscape
Active Level 3
Samsung Online Store
I recently came across another post regarding YouTube Premium promo. It appears that the website administrator failed to verify the accuracy of the information before publishing the website. Instead of acknowledging the website error and honoring the offers on their part, they are attempting to deny and lie to customers despite screenshots.

Any media or journalist here to pick up this and call out to Samsung openly in public to help consumers? Thanks!

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/no-youtube-premium-for-s24-ultra-preorder/td-p/25318198...
0 Likes