Original topic:

Dex mode cannot use banking(ocbc) apps?

(Topic created on: 03-05-2024 11:28 AM)
soundscape
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Dex
I was utilizing Samsung DeX, which was connected to my monitor, in an attempt to make a purchase through a browser. During this process, I received a notification from the OCBC app requesting confirmation of the purchase. However, I was unable to access the OCBC app as it indicated that screen sharing was active.

Despite my efforts, I was unable to find a solution to this issue. As a result, I disconnected the DeX connection, which caused me to lose the page I was on and encounter an error. Consequently, I had to repeat the process of reaching the same payment page on my phone in order to complete the transaction with the OCBC approval notification.

I am concerned about the potential impact of this issue on the usability of Samsung DeX if other banking applications implement similar restrictions. As DeX serves as my primary computing device, widespread adoption of such measures could hinder its effectiveness as a desktop solution. I would appreciate any insights or workarounds that may address this challenge.

#dexissues #bankingapp
0 Likes
0 Comments