Original topic:

What is Temporary Mute and how does it work?

(Topic created on: 12-20-2023 11:40 AM)
Samsung_Ryan
Community Manager
Options
Others

Guilty of muting your phone and forgetting to put it back on ring mode, sometimes missing important alerts?​ With Temporary Mute, you can silence your device for a set duration. After the elapsed time, the phone will automatically switch back to ring mode or vibrate.

Here’s a quick guide to enable temporary mute.

1. Tap on the Settings icon.

2. Tap Sounds and vibration.

3. Under Sound mode, tap on Mute. Additional sound features and settings will appear.

Samsung_Ryan_0-1703043201208.png

4. Toggle to turn on the Temporary Mute feature. More additional sound options will appear.

5. Tap Mute for to set the mute duration.

6. A pop-up menu containing the preset number of hours will appear. Just tap to select your preferred number of hours or tap on Custom to set your desired temporary mute duration.

Samsung_Ryan_1-1703043212452.png

This temporary mute feature allows you to set your phone to automatically go silent for the specified time duration. Once the mute duration ends, the phone will go back to the previous sound mode before the temporary mute feature was activated.

Note: This feature, device screenshots and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.

3 Comments
Members_pOqsWzy
Beginner Level 2
Others

Too many actions to turn this feature on. It would be nice to have this in the quick access menu with one-click.

0 Likes
TWNMUM
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi. I need help. The temporary mute /unsure function never worked properly on my Samsung A8 and now it still doesn't work for my new flip5 Why? I mute for short period say 5mins it works set for 7hrs overnight it doesn't work! The time counts down but this morning my phone was still on mute even though the timer hadn't expired. Obviously it is a software fault as my 2 phones are 6years apart. HELP.  Cheers 

0 Likes
TWNMUM
Beginner Level 2
Others

Help again. I rang Samsung and guy on help desk told me the temporary mute has a time limit and won't work for overnight??? I asked why it let's me pick up 23h59m ? Why would it do that if not available.  He said I am wrong and it is not a fault. Help please.  Cheers Julianna 

0 Likes