Original topic:

Samsung pay points not working

(Topic created on: 07-08-2024 07:07 PM)
VenusM
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Samsung pay points not working these 2 days? I tap 4 times yesterday and 2 times today Didn't get any points awarded. 
9 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Hi, nowadays, it's delayed. But u will eventually get it, not to worry.
VenusM
Active Level 3
Others
The points slowly came in buy still short of 2. I ever encountered lost points for good. They were never made up.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Oh.. is it.. so far, I haven't experienced any lost points. The longest I have received is after 1 month+.
0 Likes
VenusM
Active Level 3
Others
Wah 1 month 😳

Update: my 2 missing points just came in liao. Thank God I no need to wait for 1 month. All said, though there's nothing to redeem at all lately, i guess it's a samsung habit thing for me to collect the points 🤭 have been collecting for years liao. I suspect i stick to Samsung phones due to addicted in collecting points 🤣
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Yes.. nearly 1 month.. last Dec.. I purchased something using my Watch's Samsung Pay somewhere mid of Dec. Then the points never arrived until somewhere in Jan 2024. I thought these points were gone alr. Surprised to see the points notification for my purchase in mid Dec lol. But because of this and some points got in 2nd half of Dec never arrived till Jan, I couldn't retain my Gold status and was dropped to Silver.

Yes, same I have been collecting points too and the points don't seem to expire, as stated 6 months from time of received.

Yeah, that's why I hope that more cards can be supported on Samsung Pay, especially those cards that can be used for overseas, want to collect points, in order to remain Gold.
0 Likes
VenusM
Active Level 3
Others
It says 3 years leh. The expiry.
Maybe these banks need to pay in order to tie the knot with samsungpay. I have CIMB visa which is also sadly not on it. Only their Mastercard is on it. That's so strange?.. 1720513819126.jpg
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Oh looks like they have changed it.. in the past, I saw it stated as 6 months. But even though it stated 6 months, my points never expired after 6 months. That's great then, this allows users to stack a lot of points to probably use these points to buy a Galaxy watch or other items that can be useful.

Yup, the banks have to pay Samsung for users to utilise Samsung Pay. But I can see that most card issuers would rather go to Google Pay/Wallet that can reach a wider range of markets, as compared to Samsung. As Google is widely known as the stock Android owner.
VenusM
Active Level 3
Others
Most likely Samsung themselves also know they don't have much stuffs for customers to redeem so to put it 6 months expiry gonna drive customers away.

I prefer Samsung Pay than Googlepay as google doesn't reward users for tapping. Also it is less stable. Whenever i tap using google, it'll say my phone moves too quickly. And at times it'll auto jump back to another credit card 💳 as payment method making me lose my cashback. Samsung pay definitely stands out in this area. I have never encounter such inconveniences when using Samsungpay
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Agreed on ur take.

Samsung Pay Transport card is very convenient and u can do it without turning on the screen. For Google Wallet, I have tried with turning off the screen to tap, but there are issues with it, which makes me having to turn on the screen everytime for transport.

Yup, the reward points have made me stay loyal to Samsung Wallet/Pay for now, unless Google Wallet/Pay can implement a reward system that can convince me to switch over, but by then, I would have switched to a Google Pixel phone, as the respective payment system works best with the brand that develops it.