Original topic:

How Samsung Westgate really care

(Topic created on: 07-14-2021 04:44 PM)
ahtea
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Walking in to Samsung Westgate with a sulking face and a load of unhappiness because my Samsung Active 2 watch exhibited discolouration on the back of the heart rate sensor. All these happened in 3 months. Yes, just 3 months. 

Thinking that i would be served with the standard reply, "Sir, your device is not covered under warranty because the discolouration is due to liquid damage. We can help you escalate to Samsung Singapore for their approval nevertheless", I spent my entire commute journey (a good 45mins), scripting and staging possible scenarios that I might lose my cool.

Jeffery, the customer care consultant whom I met however, probably foreseen that. He started off showing his commitment and sincerity in resolving my issue without giving me any template answer. He took my device in for the technicians to inspect and confirmed my suspicion that the discolouration was due to sweat. 

Jeffery provided his assurance that the issue would be taken care under warranty as long as no breaches to warranty terms and conditions were made. 

Jeffery went a step further, to pay attention to details like where i travelled from. Upon realising that I came all the way from the East, he assured me that he would have the technicians assess the required work and will attempt the repair within the same day if possible.

In within 15 minutes, a call was received to update me that the repair job has commenced and I would be expecting the collection within 2 hours.

I did not have to wait long, just enough time for me to complete my lunch, i was told the device is ready for collection. Even the ambassador who gives out the queue nunber was surprised by this super efficient turn over.

Kudos to the Westgate Samsung Customer Care team. I am happy that I made the right choice to send in my watch, instead of sending it to the bin.

All is good for now. Team Westgate, stay safe, keep up the good work. 

Thanks for making a customer happy once again. 

Fully functional watch, a small token of appreciation from the service centre and a happy bear (resembling the customer)

5 Comments
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Others

Hello ahtea. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

We are glad to receive your compliments as this will motivate our staff in providing the best service to our customers at all times. Your compliments will be shared with the staff and our management team on the good service that has been rendered to you.

Thank you.

johnyew
Beginner Level 3
Others

Your experience was a huge contrast to what I experienced at Samsung Vivo service centre. 

They seem to have a standard template when they reply customers. In fact when I was there, I heard 2 customers other then myself turned away by the service consultant, citing that escalation is required to have warranty claims approved.

Walked out of the service centre, walked into Challenger, walked out happily with a Fitbit. Never looked back since then.

0 Likes
beebee8
Active Level 1
Others

I have the same issue as yours. Looks like this is a common problem. Sigh. I guess I will need to make a trip down to the service centre soon to have it rectified. 

0 Likes
ahtea
Active Level 3
Others
Remember to make an appointment before going down. You should be able to have it covered under warranty if you have not opened the watch up yourself/there are no other obvious liquid damage.

Good luck!
Faithchew23
Active Level 1
Others

Yes my experience is that because its under warranty. 

I'm just the unlucky ones with the out of warranty watch that can't be brought into a baby pool. 

0 Likes