Original topic:

🪄 Hot Topic - January 19, 2024

(Topic created on: 01-19-2024 10:44 AM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Samsung Members! 

Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S24 series designed to bring useful AI capabilities to users. They are equipped with four main Galaxy AI features: Circle to Search, Live Translate, Note Assist, and Photo Assist.

• Circle to Search: search by circling images on the screen
  • Live Translate: translate phone call conversation and messages in real-time
  • Note Assist: summarize lengthy notes to clear and easy-to-review outlines
  • Photo Assist: edit photos effortlessly with the power of AI

Curious how they work in real life? Check out this hands-on video!

Although Galaxy AI is the main focus of the Galaxy Unpacked event, I was most excited when Samsung announced that these devices may receive seven generations of OS upgrades and seven years of security updates.

We also want to hear from you: which part of the Galaxy S24 series or the Galaxy Unpacked event excites you the most? Let us know in the comments!

You can pre-order now through Samsung Canada’s website [EN/FR]!

Thank you samy2022 and other Members for the reminder about the Google Play system update*.

For those who may be unfamiliar with it, unlike major software updates, Google Play system update is (mostly) minor updates from Google that provide the latest optimizations and improvements on important services and features. Simply speaking, it is like multivitamins for your body, but instead, it is for your phone.

By default, the Google Play system updates automatically, but you can manually check it by doing one of these two steps:

1. Open ‘Settings’ then scroll down to ‘About phone’, click ‘Software information’ then ‘Google Play system update’
  2. Open ‘Settings’ then scroll down to ‘Security and privacy’, click ‘Updates’ then ‘Google Play system update’

Cheers!

Winston @ Samsung Members Team Canada

*Updates may vary by device

21 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
The flat screen is pretty much the only reason i pre-ordered the S24 Ultra as im happy with everything else about my S23 Ultra. AI features .. nice until Samsung starts charging to use them.
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi GG2, we hope you will enjoy your S24 Ultra! 

0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
Thanks, im sure i will.
IvanYuo
Active Level 3
Others
Maybe a smarter Bixby and more convenient Samsung Pay as well?
0 Likes
Nath888
Beginner Level 3
Others
I agree with you on a (smarter Bixby) When I ask something &the subject is on internet. It should be smart ennough to give us a anwser specialy that everything is public on the Internet.
I asked about something, never used yet Samsung Pay.
0 Likes
IvanYuo
Active Level 3
Others
Bixby used to be quite good when it's first released, but not anymore. Samsung Pay is convenient for offline shopping, but can't be used for online shopping yet. They used to have more promotions as well to give out promotional credits that you can use for later.
0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi IvanYuo and Nath888, thank you for your thoughts regarding Bixby and Samsung Pay. We will communicate this to the appropriate team, and hopefully Bixby and Samsung Pay will be even more useful in the future. 

CrazyDave
Active Level 3
Others
Who cares about the S24 they can't even keep up with the updates for the s23. I have watched both the s21 and s22 series get updated with January update yet nothing for the s23. I'm hoping this doesn't continue or it may be time to go back to an apple product.
0 Likes
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi CrazyDave, we apologize for the inconvenience. We do not possess any information regarding software updates (including security updates), so kindly check manually. However, your opinion is valuable feedback and hopefully, software updates in the future can be made more seamless.

0 Likes