Original topic:

Power/Performance/Heat

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 11:18 PM)
GhostDragon
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Observation from using my Z Fold 3 that have the 888 chipset.
Having power saving turned on, especially the limit CPU speed to 70% helps a lot in thermals, which results in smoother performance and longer battery life. All the newer chipset may be powerful, but honestly, most apps don't use the chipset efficiently, causing power drain and high peaks which aren't necessary for normal day to day use with some light gaming. If u r having issues surviving throughout the day without needing a single charge, I recommend u try leaving it on

Personally I don't need the app to load 0.5sec faster just to **bleep** my battery and make my phone a heating pack
4 Comments
Galaxy Z
Yup power saving really saves your phone battery (and hands), considering SD888 is a heat monster.
Galaxy Z
Beside this power saving mode u mentioned... there is another few ways I would like to recommend to u which I m currently using...

1. Under more battery settings, switch on adaptive battery

2. Under more battery settings, processing speed, switch to optimise d for balance of speed with batt and cooling efficiency

3. Under more battery settings, protect battery, limit charge to 85% to prolong your battery lifespan

4. Background usage limits, ON put unused apps to sleep. Auto detects and very helpful in helping u put apps u don't use to sleep to save overall power usage

Hope that will further help u...

I am a Samsung Maker selected to help the community in here for all things Samsung...!!! 🥰🥰🥰 Feel free to ask me questions...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and as a small gesture of encouragement for me as well...

Thanks and Cheers...!!! Screenshot_20220115-161147_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220115-161155_Device care.jpg
WinterMint
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Z
I find that with or without power saving mode. Doesn't make any difference on fold 3
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Z Fold 3 have dual screen that is 120hz plus battery only 4400 mah so of course battery will use faster abit then normal type of battery... hope the below mentioned of my tips helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you and as a small gesture of encouragement for me as well...

Thanks and Cheers...!!!
0 Likes