Original topic:

Fold 4 screen repair cost

(Topic created on: 03-17-2024 10:32 PM)
elfw69
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
My Fold 4 was working fine the night before but is not able to power up the next day. I charged up the phone, did the hard reset method all but to no avail.

I brought my Fold 4 to Samsung Repair center and their assessment was that my both my screens has died and the repair cost is S$745! Furthermore the repair warranty is only 1 month.

I use my Fold 4 as a spare phone and am utterly shocked and disappointed that the Fold 4 is such a fragile and non-eco friendly phone to repair. I really doubt anyone would spend that exorbitant amount to repair a phone. Buying a new phone would make more sense (maybe that is what Samsung wants the consumer to do) 

This has really dented my confidence in Samsung foldable technology and their so called commitment to eco friendly support.

The Fold 4 will be my last Samsung product. 

0 Likes
7 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, before the screen totally died, were there symptoms showing up? Like the screen will flicker or looks cloudy?
0 Likes
elfw69
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Absolutely no symptoms at all. Working fine the night before.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
And ur warranty ended?
0 Likes
elfw69
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Warranty ended ~ half year ago. So fast after warranty end the phone died. So short lifespan and totally not robust at all.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah actually to be honest.. have to be prepared that foldables won't last as long as rigid phones, despite its premium price tags. So far, my Z Fold 3 is coming to 2 years alr, had its inner and outer screen replaced last year with extended warranty coverage. If it can get to 3 years, I will be more than contented.
0 Likes
weeteck
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Same as mine.my fold 4 is after ui upgrade then sound problem.then struck at samsung logo.now also what they called black death screen.go repair also charge me full price for the screen.wonder if they software problem.no update no problem. Update many problem.fold 4 will also be my last samsung phone
0 Likes
Eedgar
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy Z

Their repair center cancelled my repair appointments 4 times and on the 5th time when it finally was not cancelled it was the day after my warranty had expired

0 Likes