Original topic:

Flip 4 shuts down when closed

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 03:48 PM)
mermaideos
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Does anyone have this issue? My Flip 4 will power down when I close it. I've already checked and my phone case isn't the issue. If I leave the phone charging, it will not power down. 
14 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hi, do u still have Care+ coverage?
0 Likes
mermaideos
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Yeah I do. Made an appointment to head down to service centre already. Sigh. I need a spare phone and I hope they have one to loan.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
But if the fault is deemed to be manufacturer defect, it will utilise ur basic warranty benefit and no cost will be incurred.
0 Likes
mermaideos
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I hope so! Crossing fingers. Will update after my appointment next week.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Be sure to backup all data, as they will definitely factory reset the phone. Don't bother with the maintenance mode. 😁 They will still inform u that they will factory reset it. I lost my WhatsApp data from the factory reset. Not their fault, it's mine, as I forgot my backup encrypted password.

So while trying to restore my data, WhatsApp prompted for the encrypted password. So lost 9 years of my chat history.
0 Likes
mermaideos
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
That **bleep**! Ok I'll be sure to check that everything is backed up properly.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yup, I actually backed up my WhatsApp, but I had to forget the encrypted password. 😪 I thought I knew the password, as I will usually put my regularly-used password, dunno why my WhatsApp encrypted password was not 1 of them. So now my WhatsApp chats are a fresh clean state. Oh well.. fresh new beginning I guess.. 😅

Unless u are willing to sacrifice the Care+ home service support. But if a replacement of the LCD is required, I was told that the data will still be gone.
LydUp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I have the same issue and it happened after my last update in end May. There is now a new update. I am updating now as we speak and i don't know if it will resolve the issue.
0 Likes
ohhitzmel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I didn't have the issue from the last update, but after the recent update my phone is now facing the same issue.

Will have to make a trip down to service centre soon...
0 Likes