Original topic:

April security patch update has just arrived for Z Fold 3

(Topic created on: 04-18-2023 03:44 PM)
JP19
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Update: I just got back my ZF3 from repair today and had my LCD replaced, as I couldn't wait for this April update to see if it will fix the WiFi and Mobile Hotspot issues.

For those whose ZF3 are still having issues with WiFi and Mobile Hotspot, do u mind installing this update and see if it fixes ur WiFi and Mobile Hotspot? (Disclaimer: Do it if u have sufficient Mobile data allowance, as this update requires 1.1 GB of network data)
8 Comments
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
Bless u....
Matmattmattie
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Did you pay for the screen replacement?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hey, no it's free, as I am still under warranty. And I have additional year of Care+ until next year June.
Matmattmattie
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Should have bought 2 years samsung care... ugh.... annoying..
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yes definitely. Seeing my Z Fold 3 not lasting 1 year without problems.. worries me a lot.. after my warranty ends.
aloychow
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
I'm in the Same situation as you Mat
MicahC
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z

ZF3 using from Hong Kong, with same issue, after update One Ui 5.0 to 5.1 and the phone restart it could not go on Wi-Fi. Tried "General Management" "Reset"  "Reset network settings" did not work, tried "Factory Reset" and did not resolve it.

Brought it in to service center and had the same telling me the Wi-Fi module is damage and need to change it, but because its link to the LCD it will need to be change as well (repair cost 4200hk$ 535US$ **bleep**) after 2 day back and forward they told me they give me 50% off the repair cost, as I did not want to wait anymore I paid for the new quotation and now waiting for my phone to get repaired because I press update 5.0 to 5.1 lol.  

aloychow
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Hey MichC, thanks for sharing. We're all in this together facing the same situation. Need more people to voice out to have Samsung take notice of where went wrong so they can action and narrow down in the right direction.

Do also update us if the repair does permanently solve the issue and perfectly fine working on version 5.1 especially after 2 weeks post-repair.