Original topic:

A small dead pixel on the left bottom of my Z Fold 3 cover screen

(Topic created on: 04-26-2023 09:16 PM)
JP19
Expert Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
Dunno why my ZF3 so suay one.. series of problem after problem.. this morning, I just notice a small dead pixel on the left bottom corner. And this was just 2 days after I collected my phone from repair. But I don't remember seeing this dead pixel before I sent in for repair last Fri.

Has anyone experienced before same-day repair and which service centre had u gone to that provided same-day repair? In particular front screen OLED panel.

8 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Just an update, sent in my ZF3 once again. Have been visiting the service centre 3 times and utilised 1 of my 2 home service. Having to undergo 3 times of factory reset. Today is the 3rd time of factory reset and next time collecting it back will be my 3rd time to restore my data. Each time I restore my data, it takes half a day.

Probably foldables are not ready to compete with rigid phones yet. Definitely not. Extremely delicate and susceptible to damages not caused by individuals.

If my ZF3 gets damaged after warranty through software update, I will switch back to using rigid phones again.

Basics like WiFi and OLED screen, they can't get it right. I am not talking about the inner screen. Even the outer screen can kena dead pixel. Never once my past rigid phones have experienced dead pixels before. Till today, my S3 screen is still going on fine, after 11 years alr. Z Fold 3 cover screen can't even last 1 year. 😒
_keepèfaith_
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
OMG🤦 i feel you. 3 times ?
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah 3 times. 1st time was to verify the 2nd mic issue. But the factory reset didn't solve it. Then home service repair by replacing the back glass cover (2nd mic attached to the back glass cover) also didn't solve the issue.

2nd factory reset was because of my WiFi and mobile hotspot unable to turn on. So had to send it for repair, and Samsung's policy to factory reset for every repair sent in (Maintenance mode is useless and meant for 3rd party repairs)

3rd factory reset was due to a dead pixel located at bottom left of front (cover) screen. So yesterday, had to factory reset before sent in.
0 Likes
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
So end up till now still not fix?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Currently in repair. If following like last week, most likely tmr can collect le.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Another update is that my phone was finally ready for collection in the morning. Collected back my phone and got a brand new LCD screen for my outer screen.

What a difficult 4 weeks process.. from experiencing 2nd mic issue to wifi and mobile hotspot not turning on to front screen having a dead pixel in corner of screen. In the process, also lost all my WhatsApp chats (not Samsung's fault, my fault).

Hope that the new screens can last long.
VivianLow
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Hi, I got to send my fold3 for repair. Suddenly after WiFi not work, one day the inner screen jus stopped working. Any idea if they replace the screen, how long will it take? I got no spare phone lor....
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hey VivianLow, for mine, it took about 1 working day for the wifi and mobile hotspot and following 9am, received sms that phone is ready for collection.

As for the dead pixel issue, it took about 2 working days and following 9am, received sms that ready for collection.

So the repair duration should take between 1 and 2 working days and able to collect on the next morning.
0 Likes