Original topic:

S24 Ultra speaker issue.

(Topic created on: 07-01-2024 04:10 PM)
TerenceHowie
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Bought S24 few days ago, realised that the speak is abit off. Turning up the volume is very soft, till reaches the middle part then it's to sounded slightly louder... is anyone having this issue? How to resolve this? Samsung care center - please help. No reply from your end yet.
0 Likes
21 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, can u check from ur Settings > Sound quality and effects > Equaliser if it's normal?1719835311392.jpg
0 Likes
TerenceHowie
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes all are normal. Off those and restarted phone. Then set on back, still the same. Care center advice to reset to factory setting.. if still the same then need to go service center to get them to double the hardware/software 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hmm.. to be honest.. I doubt factory reset will solve this issue. Likely, it's a faulty speaker, probably will just need to replace the speaker, but that will require leaving ur phone with them. So do backup all ur data prior to the visit, as they will likewise request u to factory reset ur phone on the spot, before handing over the phone to them.
0 Likes
TerenceHowie
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
@JP19, ooh dear, leave the phone with them? 😑 for now should I try the factory reset? If still the same, then I will head to service centre..
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, any repair be it minor or major, will need to leave the phone with them for evaluation, to check if there's any water damage, any scratches, etc.

U can try to factory reset, but I think nothing much will change if it's a hardware defect. But since u are prepared to leave it with them, then no harm trying to factory reset. Most importantly, have to ensure that every data is being backed up before any factory reset.
TerenceHowie
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
@JP19, oh one more thing..I do a smart switch from my old phone N20 to S24. Not sure if anything to with it..
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I doubt so. Unlikely it's due to the transfer of data from ur old device to new.
TerenceHowie
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Ok noted.. Guess to try out factory reset first. Thank you very much.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
No problem. Let me know how it goes. 😉
0 Likes