Original topic:

S20+ with vertical pink/purple line down the screen

(Topic created on: 05-18-2022 01:05 PM)
Ctqn
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm really pissed off at Samsung support. I can see so many reviews and complaints of random pink lines appearing after the latest UI update. I had my phone updated in the last few days and suddenly today I had a pink line streaking down my phone. I didn't even do anything! Reached out to support and guess what, they want me to pay for evaluation costs + labour costs. What is this samsung? Do you want us users to keep writing in all forums, twitter, social media in order for you to pay attention to the issues and waive off such costs? It's only fair to waive because we didn't do anything, it's the software update issue!
24 Comments
Samplus
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I believe so... Irritating pink line.. And no way to revert the pink line!!!
0 Likes
Ctqn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I was a proud user of Samsung until now. Seriously angry at their lack of support and templated replies. So many users are having the issues and they are intentionally avoiding it and making users pay. It's not an ethical thing of samsung to do.
Samplus
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Checked with Samsung and yes they denied it is software. It is hardware that is issue. Like North Korea, playing hard ball.
0 Likes
Samplus
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Tried *#0*# to refresh the pink line but it doesn't... Mine is s20 ultra got affected 3 days after update.
0 Likes
Ctqn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It doesn't work for me too. Mine got affected 1 day after the update. Are there really no Samsung people here who can help? Without having to pay hefty fees of "repair" of samsung own fault.
0 Likes
mimimoni
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I just went to customer service physically they told me is LCD issue and I will need to pay $300 plus to repair the screen?!
Ctqn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
That is seriously ridiculous. For an issue that is not user's fault. Did you send in a complaint?
mimimoni
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I wrote in to the live chat.. they say will need to wait for the evaluation result... if nth is fixed then this will be the last time I m using Samsung. Very disappointing with so many complains but they still don't think it is a software issue.
Ctqn
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I just heard another friend who also had the same thing happening, brought phone down to the svc center and got quoted hundreds of dollars for a fix. He switched to xiaomi phone thereafter because he was so angry with Samsung.