Original topic:

Lines appearing after June 24 update

(Topic created on: 07-06-2024 12:57 PM)
sad21fe
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
This is very disappointing.. seems like a lot of users are experiencing the same issue (including myself). 

Updated my S21Fe in June24 and shortly after a streak of line appear on my screen. Submitted reuqest in samsung app and was told to troubleshoot but to no success in resolving it.. 

A few days later, another streak of line appeared. All this while, with no hard knocks, no phone dropping or no trauma done to my phone. Samsung suggested to go to the service center at a cost and further fees (depending on the issue). 

If so many users are experiencing the same thing, isn't this a situation that warrants samsung's attention? Could it be batch issue? Samsung shouldn't penalise genuine cases and expect their customers who are loyal to them to pay. 

Update: Do reach out to Samsung SG via their social media (Facebook messenger or Instagram) on your issue and their representative will reach out to you shortly after. 

That was what I did and after informing my stance and situation, they offered a complementary change of lcd screen but with a payment of labour/evaluation fee. 

Do note that while they may offer this, should they find any tampering, signs of trauma, damage due to moisture etc to the phone, the offer will not be valid. 

Hope the above helps. 
14 Comments
Sounthar
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Today morning S 22 Ultra also green line coming🥵🥵🥵
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Same boat, mine appeared overnight. Update was done weeks ago though
0 Likes
Sg_bara
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
On my S22 ultra, same issue green line appeared after 5th days from update new firmware
0 Likes
dingdong2024
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Mine s21 ultra, started 3 weeks ago
0 Likes
xance
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi, please call up the service center and inform them. They should be able to provide the replacement FOC (need to complain a little without being pushy about it), but you may have to pay for the labour fee (about $30, I think). I managed to get my s20 replaced after the line magically appeared
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Email the CEO office by filling up the form below. 
https://forms-prod.sprinklr.com/guided-workflows/64a289676374884b707f7a5c?gwId=614876

You will receive a reply & the Service Centre will call you to review your case. Good luck!

Sksiva
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Why must email? Samsung should announce it & replace voluntarily. We are the customer.... just boycott & move to other brands. I had same issue with my perfectly working S21 Ultra after sw update.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Anyway, I don't blame u for being this frustrated. But if u don't contact them voluntarily, nothing is going to happen. There are successful cases of members here getting their S21 Ultra LCD replaced for just a labour fee of $54.50 and the LCD screen cost is waived. Hope u will consider emailing and they should contact u afterwards.
raychay
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Looks like this recall is not going to happen in Singapore.

You boycott Samsung products how will Samsung know?

It's either we do what we can to fix it or buy a new phone. You decide!