Original topic:

It is recommended that we cease emulating Apple's practices.

(Topic created on: 06-19-2024 03:03 AM)
qwer123
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
It has come to my attention that Samsung has made several changes to its Always-On Display (AOD) feature, which have caused dissatisfaction among users. Specifically, the ability to customize the AOD has been removed in favor of a full-screen AOD experience. While I understand that this change may have been made to improve battery life, it is important to provide users with options to personalize their devices.

I propose that Samsung reintroduce the ability to customize the AOD for users who disable the "show lockscreen wallpaper" option. This would allow users to maintain a personalized AOD experience while still conserving battery life. Additionally, Samsung could consider removing the manual brightness panel in the full-screen AOD mode while still allowing users to customize the clock face.

It is crucial for Samsung to differentiate itself from Apple and maintain its unique identity in the Android market. Copying Apple's design and features may alienate loyal Samsung users and hinder the company's ability to innovate.

Furthermore, I recommend that Samsung reconsider its use of low-grade titanium in favor of high-grade aluminum for its devices. While titanium may be lighter, it is less durable and generates more heat compared to aluminum. By using high-grade aluminum, Samsung can improve the durability of its devices and enhance heat dissipation.

In conclusion, I urge Samsung to listen to its users and make changes to the AOD feature to provide more customization options. Additionally, the company should focus on maintaining its unique identity and using high-quality materials in its devices. 

It was logical for Apple to adopt titanium in order to provide a lighter phone, as stainless steel is indeed heavier. However, it makes no sense for Samsung to blindly imitate Apple in this regard, as aluminum is already a lighter material and the use of titanium would not result in any significant weight reduction. In fact, its considered a downgrade rather than an upgrade. While it is unlikely that Samsung will bring back the more durable armored aluminum that effectively mimicked stainless steel, it would be beneficial for them to restore certain software features.

Additionally, replacing the triple 10MP lenses with a 5x 50MP setup and reintroducing the periscope lens with a 50MP sensor would be advantageous. The 200MP sensor is capable of utilizing digital cropping to achieve a 3x zoom, which would yield superior results compared to the current 3x 10MP lens. Furthermore, adopting Apple's approach of defaulting the camera to 24MP and prioritizing natural-looking photographs would be a positive move. The current saturated images, while visually appealing, can appear artificial and lack authenticity. 

Samsung should consider implementing a feature that allows users to customize the camera's naturalness. This would provide users with the option to capture natural-looking shots, catering to those who prefer a more realistic aesthetic. While adopting positive aspects from competitors like Apple can be beneficial, it is essential to maintain user choice and avoid replacing existing features without providing alternatives. Samsung's strength lies in its commitment to customization, and introducing new features while preserving user options would be a prudent approach. By listening to user feedback and preserving the essence of Android's customizable nature, Samsung can differentiate itself from competitors and continue to cater to a diverse user base.
3 Comments
cool6
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
You can disable show wallpaper on AOD by going to settings, lockscreen and AOD, tap AOD and turn off show lockscreen wallpaper 1719325499432.jpg1719325499447.jpg1719325499461.jpg
0 Likes
qwer123
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
The level of customization for the Always-On Display (AOD) feature has been reduced, as it now closely resembles the AOD found on iPhones. Previously, users had more flexibility in personalizing their AOD, but now the options are more limited. I would like to regain the ability to customize the AOD to a greater extent, as it allows for more individuality and personalization of the device.
0 Likes
SlavGod
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I am leaving Samsung after being a loyal user for the last decade because they're becoming like Apple. Getting rid of customization and features while making their phones more expensive. It all started with the removal of the micro SD card port and the aux port. Then the removal of the radio chip and the IR interface. There's nothing differentiating the phone from Apple anymore. Just an overpriced hunk of bs.
0 Likes