Original topic:

Cannot update Whatsapp

(Topic created on: 12-23-2023 01:45 AM)
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Recently this week, I was prompted to update the latest Whatsapp version in the Playstore, but found out several apps such as Google Map and Lazada, as well as other few apps cannot be updated.

Even though I have updated the latest Android software on my S20FE, nothing works.
I have uninstalled the Whatsapp from my phone, restart, power on/off, and tried reinstall but it still failed.

Have anyone faced similar issue recently?

23 Comments
nswh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi. What is the version of your whatsapp on your phone?
0 Likes
nswh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Please also ensure your playstore version is up to date. You can do so by going to playstore and press on your profile on the top right and press about and at the bottom press update playstore
0 Likes
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, thank you for the info.
I have checked, and it prompts that the Playstore version is up to date.
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Mine is Android 13 5.1
0 Likes
nswh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm not referring to your OS version my friend.
0 Likes
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I mentioned in the 1st posted message. I uninstalled Whatsapp and can not reinstall the latest version now.
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Hey, to ensure that ur Google services are updated to the latest version, pls kindly go to About phone > Software information > Click Google Play system update .
0 Likes
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi, thank you for the clear info. I clicked, and it prompts that' updates are temporarily not available', and it stated my current Google Play system update is 1st June 2023.
I clicked to Playstore apps, it shows the version is 38.7.33-29
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Oh ok.. I just verified with mine. Same Playstore version as mine. But your current Google Play system update seems a bit too long ago. Not sure if it's causing your WhatsApp issue.1703398648781.jpg
0 Likes