Original topic:

AOD customisation gone?

(Topic created on: 03-30-2024 12:52 PM)
Leave_Me
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Just updated my Samsung S23 Ultra to One UI ver. 6.1 and I wish I didn't. Sure the AI stuff is interesting but I'm not sure if I will use them.

One thing I'm peeved about is what happened to the Always On Display. What happened to all the customisation and settings? I couldn't see my AOD because it was so dark. Usually when you double tap on it, you can adjust it through a slider. But now, it just brings me to my lock screen.

I also had a gif on it but when I tried removing it, the option to put an image/gif is gone. Absolutely heartbroken because that gif is significant to me.

I'm hoping this will all be fixed in the next update.
Absolutely love the AOD and now it's barely visible and useful.
5 Comments
Joshua1103
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Sorry to hear about this bro
0 Likes
Dunestar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same!  My customized animated AOD showed up for a few seconds after the update and then it was gone.  Been trying to add it again ever since.  Adding it through clock styles, as it was before, doesn't work.  Clock styles doesn't even show up anymore even when searching for it in Settings.

This is terrible!  Why on earth would they remove this option? 

JustVisiting
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It's a sad moment for long-time Galaxy users. I hate digital clocks with a passion myself and to have it in orange is just frustrating to me. The world is getting more whacky as time goes by. I have been using a Samsung device for years now. If they continue with these kinds of updates, I may have to go another route next upgrade.

0 Likes
WanAhLun
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It looks bad. *** samsung.
lm7777
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Why did you completely destroy AOD app? All usefull settings are gone, colors for notification icons gone... bring it back

0 Likes