Question Nvme slot

I was wondering if a 2.5 inch nvme SSD would fit in my motherboard and if I would need an adapter for my fans to reach. I have a dell OptiPlex 7010 mt.

Motherboard:
Link for the ssd:
Do you intend to buy that weird noname brand motherboard too?
Don't.
ik i just wanted something to download stuff onto because my hdd takes too long
Look for sata 2.5" SSD instead.

and your sure this will fit in my motherboard?
It is an M.2 2280. However, without knowing your exact motherboard I cannot say for sure. You provided a link to an ebay motherboard but IDK if that is what you have or not. Do realize that if you have an M.2 slot you still won't be able to boot from it on that old of a motherboard so you will still be dealing with an HDD for booting. I agree with USAFRet in a SATA III SSD would be a better choice.

Jul 7, 2024
It is an M.2 2280. However, without knowing your exact motherboard I cannot say for sure. You provided a link to an ebay motherboard but IDK if that is what you have or not.
its the one im gonna try to upgrade to because i cant find any others that could fit in my case
You could keep the HDD and just clone the OS onto the SSD and relegate the HDD to bulk storage of things like movies.
I have no idea what you just said

Jul 7, 2024
"slow download" is almost certainly not a result of having an HDD.

What is your tested internet speed, and where downloading from?
Replacing the HDD for a SATA III SSD will give better performance in the whole system.
Seriously.

And you can still keep the HDD for whatever.
As asked, what is your current tested internet speed?
Slow downloads are almost certainly not a case of HDD vs NVMe.

You're trying to fix the wrong problem, with the wrong solution.