Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
So I recently bought an M4 iPad Pro, and an Apple Pencil.

I was wondering, what do you use your Apple Pencil for?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Just drawing. Though it’s for that reason I can’t use a screen protector (or at least a glass one).

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
The Paperlike one is good.
I’ve tried matte film protectors and I just can’t ignore the rainbow like effect that shows up on the screen. I’m honestly fine being able to draw on the bare glass. Plus I got Apple Care+ on my M4 iPad Pro. I just use the devices as Apple intended lol.

klspahr

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2013
Central PA
My wife likes her Apple Pencil USB because she needs another device to keep charged.

Have you seen the new Apple Pencil advertising slogan: “Collect all four!”

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Annotating on pdf documents in notability (which is a lot as a teacher), and occasionally taking notes in the Notes app.

Just_Kevin

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2024
I purchased the iPad specifically for the functionality of the pencil. The iPad has replaced a cabinet full of 3-Ring binders of training material. The pencil allows me to take notes for myself as well as corrections which I can then send to the curriculum developer for updates.

It has also replaced numerous notepads I used to have stashed around.

H_D

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2021
Writing notes (Goodnotes mostly), light scribbling to visualize layout ideas for the team or clients (which is a far cry from «drawing» ;-)), marking up PDFs... and as a somewhat subideal replacement for Wacom intros Pro L on the Go. The Pro-Pencil and Slate made it bearable and actually a bit better (with USB at least) than the Movink 13 was, to my surprise. It would be nice if Adobe came up with an extension that allows marking up on INDD-Files for correction instead of PDF, that would be an amazing use case for the PP.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
i was wondering what is the oldest Ipad that used a penci, the 2018 6th genl?
and is every ipad mini compatible with the pencil?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.