Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I have an iPhone 12 mini and running latest version of Ventura. My computer won see the iPhone. How can I solve the problem?

thanx

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
Yes

Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019 It seemed to work alright, before I installed Ventura.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Disconnect your iPhone from your Mac...
Go to Finder Settings.
Click on the Sidebar menu.
Under Locations, Click to un-select CDs, DVDs, and iOS Devices. (Box should be empty)
Click a second time, so a "√" appears in the box next to CDs, DVDs, and iOS Devices.
Now, connect your iPhone to your iMac.
Fixed?

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
I think the problem is with the connector in the iPhone, because my iPod works just fine. I tried charging with the cable and it wont show charging. :(

Thanx for your help.

Grumpus

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2021
Lightning connectors are infamous for collecting pocket lint inside. Try giving the one on your phone a gentle clean.

Grumpus

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2021
An Apple Store employee once cleaned the connector on my OG SE using a screen wipe wrapped around a toothpick. It worked. Compressed air dusters can work too, although there's the danger that could just blow the lint farther into the phone.

EDIT: if you use the toothpick method, be gentle, the connector conductors inside are fragile.

nickm11

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2015
An Apple Store employee once cleaned the connector on my OG SE using a screen wipe wrapped around a toothpick. It worked. Compressed air dusters can work too, although there's the danger that could just blow the lint farther into the phone.

EDIT: if you use the toothpick method, be gentle, the connector conductors inside are fragile.
Thanx for the tip, that solved the problem. Apple store did it for free.

Reactions: Grumpus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.