Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgeram

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
Hi. I bought several $100 apple gift cards online from sites like best buy and target and paid with my credit card online. I got the emails from the gift cards with the gift card codes. How exactly do I transfer these $100 apple gift cards to my iphone 13 mini? I never used apple pay or anything like that. The reason I bought these gift cards online is because I heard you could just pay with it at the apple store whether you buying apple products or you paying for a service like them replacing your screen and things like that. But these aren't physical gift cards and are digital codes. I heard you can put up to a maximum of $2000 into your apple account. This isn't apple pay I believe right but Apple ID?

In the emails, there does seem to be 2 pdf files to open which are the gift code for the $100 apple gift cards? But there is also a message below it that says you open it? These $100 apple gift cards was sent to my email digitally as I purchased it off sites like best buy and target and have it sent to my email. How do I apply each $100 apple gift card to my apple account on my iphone? It is my Apple ID balance right and how would you do this? And after that is done, how exactly do I use it to pay at the apple store whether it's buying iphone products at the apple store or paying for a service? It's the same way like if I was to order an iphone on my laptop right? I am completely clueless about this but did this as I wanted to buy these $100 apple gift cards as it would be used soon no matter what.

Now say after I apply a few of these $100 apple gift cards to my apple account on my iphone... what would happen if something happened to my iphone like it broke or something like that? Would I still have access to it or not? I assume yes if I access my apple id on another iphone? Right now I want to transfer these gift cards to my apple iphone but not sure where exactly I click in the email to open these gift card codes?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
What did Apple say when you asked them? I'm starting to think you're just pulling everyone chain here on the forum because this one of many post you've made about repairing this phone and your 1st gen SE . No matter what information you receive from the forum you still continue to ask irrelevant questions that only Apple can answer for you. Go to Apple, they can answer any and all questions you have..

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Your gift card balance is connected to your Apple ID, so if your current iPhone is damaged and unstable, you’ll still be able to access your balance.

Using the balance is pretty simple. When you go to check out, either via the Apple Store app or web site, and you’re logged into your Apple ID, at the checkout screen, it will have your gift card balance and you can apply whatever amount you have available to the purchase and then have the remaining go on a credit card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.