Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2015
Hey all,

With Spotify's latest price hike (and recent statements by their CEO, and obscenely low payouts to artistists...), it finally made sense to get on an Apple One plan rather than pay $20 a month for Spotify's family plan plus a variety of Apple services.

I've dabbled with a few Apple Music trials before and am still getting familiar with the interface, but I was wondering if there was an option to have a playlist not influence your personalized content. A good chunk of my listening is in the car with my kid and I'd prefer if those songs didn't influence my personalized playlists. Spotify has both an option to mark a playlist so that it doesn't influence your taste, as well as a broader "private listening" mode, but I don't see either option in Apple Music. Is there any setting I may be missing along those lines?

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I'd like to know the answer as well. A workaround is you can turn off "Use Listening History" in the device settings temporarily and then turn it back on afterwards. It's a bit annoying to remember to do this every time though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.