Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Can anyone tell me their experience? Might buy one for my mother, who has the iPhone X. The watch would be the Galaxy Watch 4 BT 40mm, which is around 109€.

How does it work with iOS, and specifically notifications and calls? Don't know if she can answer them and speak with the speaker or just answer/hang up.

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2021
Really? I'm looking at YouTube videos and seems to work, but there are so many variants of the watch one can't really know...
You have to install Merge Watch
https://www.merge.watch

You also have to set it up on android and then you can use it on the iPhone. Soo… It's possible, but complicated.

Last edited:

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Thanks.

I thought there was a Samsung Gear app for iOS or something like that. With my Huawei Watch GT and iPhone 12 it was really easy to connect with the Huawei Health app.

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2021
Thanks.

I thought there was a Samsung Gear app for iOS or something like that. With my Huawei Watch GT and iPhone 12 it was really easy to connect with the Huawei Health app.
Yes, I know. I've had Huawei Watch too. There are some Android manufacturers that work very well with iPhone. Samsung used to as well, but not anymore. It is possible to use a Samsung Watch and an iPhone, but you need to set it up with an Android phone and then download Merge. Sounds like a lot of hassle, considering how easy it is to set up a Huawei Watch.

Reactions: Sensamic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.