Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Im thinking about getting the S23 along with using my current iPhone as my daily driver due to the fact that its not too big and much cheaper as I am in a tight budget.

Is Samsung still doing the Region Lock thing where one has to make call for at least 5 minutes using there own country's SIM card? The very last Samsung Galaxy devices I owned was the S4 and the S10 and that was Region Locked and said on the box European SIM Only.

Also, perhaps the main reason is getting a Samsung phone is because of their secure KNOX feature.
I heard it's even more secure than the iOS Secure Enclave feature.

So, is the KNOX more secure than the iOS Secure Enclave?

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Im thinking about getting the S23 along with using my current iPhone as my daily driver due to the fact that its not too big and much cheaper as I am in a tight budget.

Is Samsung still doing the Region Lock thing where one has to make call for at least 5 minutes using there own country's SIM card? The very last Samsung Galaxy devices I owned was the S4 and the S10 and that was Region Locked and said on the box European SIM Only.

Also, perhaps the main reason is getting a Samsung phone is because of their secure KNOX feature.
I heard it's even more secure than the iOS Secure Enclave feature.

So, is the KNOX more secure than the iOS Secure Enclave?
It is!

Because it's beyond just a single chip it's from the SoC chipset layer on upwards and includes ram, storage sub chip components.

Try a few searches on Knox and how it's implemented and improved upon over the last 10yrs to find out more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.