Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 7, 2015
Just wondering if there’s a way to do this. Basically I use my HomePod during the day when I’ll have the volume at around 80% and then in the morning when I want it to be around 40%.

Every time I use it in the morning the volume is way to loud and I have Uk say lower volume to 40% which is a bit annoying.

Is there anyway to have the HomePod default to 40% volume after each use?

Reactions: pappl

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Just wondering if there’s a way to do this. Basically I use my HomePod during the day when I’ll have the volume at around 80% and then in the morning when I want it to be around 40%.

Every time I use it in the morning the volume is way to loud and I have Uk say lower volume to 40% which is a bit annoying.

Is there anyway to have the HomePod default to 40% volume after each use?
It’s a fairly simple automation in the Home app.

Home app > “+” icon at top right > add automation > a time of day occurs > select what time/days you want (this page is self explanatory) > “next” at top right > select the HomePod(s) in the list of accessories > “next” at the top right > tap where it says “audio” (bottom 1/3 of the page) > select “adjust volume only” > select a custom volume (estimate 40% on the slider) or use current volume > select “done” and you’re all set.

Repeat the above steps to have an automation turn the volume to 80% for whatever time of day you want. If you set the automation to turn the volume to 40% some time in the middle of the night or even around when you normally go to bed. , you should wake up to it at 40%. When setting up the automation, you can have it repeat whatever days you want this to occur.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.