Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlejandroPeralta2019

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2019
Argentina
Hello dear forum; I have a strange question again.:apple:

I have this 2009 Macbook Pro, it was working without any problem and suddenly it turned off.

The battery that this device had went into poor condition so it worked for more than 1 year only with the charger.

The common thing would be that some component has been damaged and does not allow the current to pass, however if you connect the charger to the Mac, it turns green, I have measured voltages in some mosfets and they give me 3 volts, I also measured voltages in some resistance powerful and gives me 12 volts, therefore the board receives current.
If you press the button that indicates the battery level, the green lights flash without problem (remember that we do not have any batteries plugged in).
The power button cannot be the problem because if you disconnect the battery from a Macbook of that year and plug in the direct charger, it turns on automatically. In any case, I disconnected the button just in case and it doesn't turn on either.

I can't find any pad to make a bridge with a screwdriver, I have to start the system by bypassing the power button, to clear up my doubt.

The truth is that I don't know what component to measure to know if the motherboard is alive? Any ideas, I leave some images. Greetings to all.:)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-08 at 12.42.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-08 at 12.42.43.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-07-08 at 12.42.43 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-08 at 12.42.43 (1).jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.