Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
I'm currently using a Dell 27" 4k display. It's quite good, BUT... it still has notable "backlight bleed" when viewing certain videos, etc. Not terrible, but still "noticeable".

It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that the new OLED panels have no backlight bleed, and hence, much better blacks. Every time I stop by a local BJ's for a few grocery goods, I can't help but admire the LG 55" OLED tv that's on display. It's amazing.

BUT...
Looking at the computer display market, there don't seem to be any 27" 4k OLED displays. At least, not yet (perhaps I've missed a few). You can get a 27" OLED display, but every one I've seen is 1440p resolution, NOT 4k.

Is there a technical reason for this?
Or... are 27" 4k OLED panels "in the pipeline"?

They DO have 32" 4k OLED displays, but that means you have to run it "scaled" (to get "looks like 1440p" or in 4k retina mode (which will produce overly-large text).

How about 6k OLED panels?
I'm thinking 36" or perhaps 38" ?

JaredJenkinsDesign

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2022
I'm not sure if these are available where you're at but there are a few 27" 4K OLED displays out there that I know of.

• ASUS ProArt Display OLED PA27DCE-K
  • Philips 27E1N8900
  • LG 27EQ850
  • LG 27EP950-B
I'm not aware of any upcoming 32" 6K OLED monitors at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.