Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malizivko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2012
Norte sure if there are issues with my AirTags or something but I have 4 AirTags, as they were getting low on batteries I have decided to replace all 4. First tried with Duracell then with Energizer, AirRags are not working, I will hear sound when I insert batter in AirTag, but my phone is not seeing it.....neither any other phone or iPad in the household.

Not sure 4 AirTags can go bad after 12-15 months of usage at the same time.....could it be battery? and which battery should I get?

Thanks

shinemoon

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2019
Norte sure if there are issues with my AirTags or something but I have 4 AirTags, as they were getting low on batteries I have decided to replace all 4. First tried with Duracell then with Energizer, AirRags are not working, I will hear sound when I insert batter in AirTag, but my phone is not seeing it.....neither any other phone or iPad in the household.

Not sure 4 AirTags can go bad after 12-15 months of usage at the same time.....could it be battery? and which battery should I get?

Thanks
Try resetting the AirTag... I had same problem with one of my tags, factory reset solved the issue for me.

I am using Energizer battery.

ownykt

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2024
You can go to a convenience store and buy a CR2032 battery to give it a try.

Mike Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
Also, for those not aware, Duracell changes the placement of the bitterant ring from the negative side (which is what was causing the issue) to the positive side. My AirTags came with Duracells with this updated placement and I’ve also verified with batteries in retail packages marked “compatible with AirTag”. The attached picture is a battery from one of my AirTags.

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpeg
    IMG_0110.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Wow
Reactions: addamas

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Also, for those not aware, Duracell changes the placement of the bitterant ring from the negative side (which is what was causing the issue) to the positive side. My AirTags came with Duracells with this updated placement and I’ve also verified with batteries in retail packages marked “compatible with AirTag”. The attached picture is a battery from one of my AirTags.
That’s good marketing on the part of Duracell.

Geekett

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2021
I had probably the same issue, due to the child security coating. I wiped the battery with some alcohol, dried it with a tissue, and Voilà ! It worked 😀

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.