Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KamilDaniel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2024
Poland
Hi,
I'm Kamil Daniel, an indie developer from Poland. I'm happy to introduce you to my app, Fover, designed to redefine file movement.

Compared to other apps, Fover offers three new features:

* Searching for destination folders on your storage (not just the ones marked as favorites)
* Creating new folders, renaming files and folders
* Tracking Downloads, Desktop, and others to quickly move files from those folders

Check out my demo video and try the app for free for up to two files.
The limit can be removed with a $5 per year subscription or a lifetime subscription, which was just added based on user feedback.

Link to video
Link to App Store

HERE are a few promo codes for you. I'm very happy to hear any feedback. Thanks!

mazaika.jpg

alfogator

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2005
Florence, Italy
Hi Kamil,
I tried your app and for my needs it is extremely useful!

I have a request: would it be possible to have a keyboard shortcut to open the drop target? I usually keep the menu bar in auto-hide mode and it would be helpful to have a faster way to open the drop target in this scenario.

KamilDaniel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2024
Poland
Hi Kamil,
I tried your app and for my needs it is extremely useful!

I have a request: would it be possible to have a keyboard shortcut to open the drop target? I usually keep the menu bar in auto-hide mode and it would be helpful to have a faster way to open the drop target in this scenario.

Hi, I'm glad to hear that!

Yes, I think it's doable. I have one question: I know it currently doesn't work this way, but would it be acceptable if the 'Dragging view' appeared when you start dragging, even if the menu bar is hidden? (Please refer to the screenshot)

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 17.58.08 (2).png

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

alfogator

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2005
Florence, Italy
Hi, I'm glad to hear that!

Yes, I think it's doable. I have one question: I know it currently doesn't work this way, but would it be acceptable if the 'Dragging view' appeared when you start dragging, even if the menu bar is hidden? (Please refer to the screenshot)

View attachment 2387562
That could be even better. I used an utility called "Dropover" years ago that worked in a similar fashion but the 'dragging view' appeared only when doing a giggling move with the mouse to avoid opening the view if dragging for other reasons.

KamilDaniel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2024
Poland
That could be even better. I used an utility called "Dropover" years ago that worked in a similar fashion but the 'dragging view' appeared only when doing a giggling move with the mouse to avoid opening the view if dragging for other reasons.

"It's on my list now. I'll work on improving this soon, so keep an eye out for updates. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: alfogator

KamilDaniel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2024
Poland

Hi,
I'm pleased to announce that version 1.0.4, released today, includes a fix for this issue. Please let me know if this update resolves your problem, and as always, I welcome any feedback. :)

Reactions: alfogator
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.