Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyJohn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
Md.
I am getting dozens of emails per minute from around the world; up to 8,000 so far, from 8:30AM til now (1Pm). Emails include links to verify enrollments, subscriptions, memberships, etc.

I was also alerted to a fraudulent charge from my checking account bank.

I have changed my Apple ID password. I CONTINUE to get these emails. I took my iCloud email account OFFLINE. I still need to use and read my emails of course, but the instant I open a legitimate email, these others pour in.

I called Apple. Not much help except to schedule a "Genius Bar" appointment; the first mutually available appointment is Monday.

The hundreds of emails continue. I don't have the time to block each one as it comes in.

Help!!!

hare_star

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2023
If you got any real payments on your card (or bank account) then block the card and change bank password just in case. Enable 2fa if you didn't for bank/apple/anywhere where financial data are stored. If there are any transactions that you didn't done contact the bank/police or whatever procedure works best in your country.
Apart from that I think nothing else can be done apart from changing email provider into one who better detects mass emails.

Reactions: TimothyJohn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.