Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

brsilb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2018
With WWDC coming, might as well start the MacLOS 15 name predictions. MacRumors listed these trademarked names: Redwood, Grizzly, Sequoia, Mammoth, Pacific, Rincon, Farallon, Miramar, Condor, Diablo, and Shasta. or something else. What do you think?

Reactions: rafaelclaycon

triptolemus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2011
No love for the hood. Sad.

macOS Compton
macOS Iron Triangle
macOS Crenshaw
macOS Tenderloin
macOS Havenscourt
macOS Westlake

galad

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2022
Apple will start using Pokemon names, so that they will never run out of names again.

curnalpanic

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2008
go:teborg
I think there is also a decent chance they could drop the naming altogether for macOS.

Remember, none of their other OS'es have names; only numbers.

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
macOS Redwood, Sequoia, and Pacific sound likely. I'm not that well versed in American culture to think through the meanings, but something like Shasta or Rincon would be nice out-of-left-field choices.
How about naming after the U S American presidents.
There's lots of them, so you'll never make it till ... Oops ... I nearly mentioned him.
;JOOP!

• Haha
Reactions: MacCheetah3

zevrix

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
BTW, as some may know, Apple already used the name "Sequoia" in the late 90s. It was a codename for a proposed new file system. It was distributed on some developer CDs. I'm not sure if it was eventually released and implemented or if this project had died.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.