Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swfcdm1

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Sheffield
Anyone with a MacBook Pro experienced the bottom making a clicking noise? Sounds like the bottom cover hitting the internals only happens when picked up on one side

kappabruce

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2023
I don't have your issue, but something similar.

If my MacBook Pro 14 heats up from doing something intensive, there will be a small click from the chassis. It sounds like a sharper and quieter mouse click sound.

From my testing, it seems related to the bottom panel rubbing against the chassis due to thermal expansion.

Kind of annoying but I already went through several returns related to QC defects. Might remove the bottom panel and reseat it to see if it fixes it.

Reactions: HuaTaishi

HuaTaishi

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
I don't have your issue, but something similar.

If my MacBook Pro 14 heats up from doing something intensive, there will be a small click from the chassis. It sounds like a sharper and quieter mouse click sound.

From my testing, it seems related to the bottom panel rubbing against the chassis due to thermal expansion.

Kind of annoying but I already went through several returns related to QC defects. Might remove the bottom panel and reseat it to see if it fixes it.
Hi, I have same situation as yours & OPs, Any update? Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.