Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
Hey guys !

I have a recent M3 Max MacBook Pro, and I recently stated to use it full blow.

I just noticed that whenever I start to really push it, like doing encoding or gaming, there is faint rattling noise coming from under the keyboard.It is not the fans, I checked with the TG Pro app, I did a test when my Mac is cool, I start a game so CPU and GPU goes full throttle, and then this ticking / rattling sound starts, and the fans are one kicking after few minutes.

it is not sound at all and really coming from under the keyboard.I put a video here, crank your sound to the max and you should hear it.

Any idea ? All normal ?

Reactions: HuaTaishi

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
Hey Richard, thanks for the tip I did not know this phenomenon !
I saw it is supposed to be high pitch noise, mine is quite low pitch, I guess because the current is low in a Apple Silicon ?

HuaTaishi

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
Hi, is yours the same as mine in the video? I think we might on the same boat, when starting and just finishing the game, it has high probability to happen.

Grobaouche

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2022
Hi, is yours the same as mine in the video? I think we might on the same boat, when starting and just finishing the game, it has high probability to happen.

Hey,
No such clicking noise on my side, just a faint noise rattling noise in the background, very faint.
Your clicking noise is quite strange, never hear this before.

Reactions: HuaTaishi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.