Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ad5ll

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Just curious if anyone has been having any issues with their M2 Pro Mac minis? I have had mine gone into firmware recovery mode twice now in as many months. Genius Bar have not been able to recover and have had to replace the logic board both times. I usually leave it in sleep mode and will randomly go and use it and it will be off, makes the booting chime when I turn it on and start flashing the amber light of death. I use a good UPS/surge protector so cannot see that being the issue.

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
Just curious if anyone has been having any issues with their M2 Pro Mac minis? I have had mine gone into firmware recovery mode twice now in as many months. Genius Bar have not been able to recover and have had to replace the logic board both times. I usually leave it in sleep mode and will randomly go and use it and it will be off, makes the booting chime when I turn it on and start flashing the amber light of death. I use a good UPS/surge protector so cannot see that being the issue.
No problems here. Just wondering if there's an issue with your power source. Do you have regular blackouts or fluctuating current?

ad5ll

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
No problems here. Just wondering if there's an issue with your power source. Do you have regular blackouts or fluctuating current?
No blackouts or power surges, and it and several other sensitive devices i.e. NAS are hooked into the same backup power source/surge protector which alerts me if there has been a surge or power interruption. May just be bad luck, apple techs didn’t really have a guess.

SousVide

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2023
Seattle
It’s certainly worrisome when the replacement logic board failed in the same manner. I haven’t encountered problems with my M2 Pro Mac Mini. It’s also plugged into an uninterruptible power supply. However, I don’t permit my Mini to sleep ever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.