Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple does not advertise battery capacities for its new iPhone 14 lineup, but MacRumors has obtained this information from a Chinese regulatory database.

iphone-14-lineup.jpg

Three out of four iPhone 14 models feature larger battery capacities compared to the iPhone 13 lineup, with the exception being the iPhone 14 Pro Max, which is equipped with a slightly smaller battery compared to the iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Battery capacities for the iPhone 13 lineup:
  • iPhone 13 mini: 2,406 mAh
  • iPhone 13: 3,227 mAh
  • iPhone 13 Pro: 3,095 mAh
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max: 4,352 mAh
Battery capacities for the iPhone 14 lineup:
  • iPhone 14: 3,279 mAh
  • iPhone 14 Plus: 4,325 mAh
  • iPhone 14 Pro: 3,200 mAh
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max: 4,323 mAh
The same database accurately revealed battery capacities for all four iPhone 13 models and the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro ahead of those devices launching last year. These exact battery capacities for all iPhone 14 models were also leaked in a post on Chinese website Weibo that was highlighted by Twitter account ShrimpApplePro in June.

Apple says all four iPhone 14 models feature "all-day battery life." iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max models feature up to one hour longer battery life for offline video playback compared to the equivalent iPhone 13 models, according to tech specs on Apple's website, while there is no directly comparable model for the iPhone 14 Plus.

Due to its larger 6.7-inch display size and lack of some Pro model features, the iPhone 14 Plus features the longest battery life ever of any iPhone, according to Apple. However, this is not entirely true, as Apple's tech specs indicate that the iPhone 14 Pro Max still gets the longest battery life for video playback, likely due to the ProMotion display's ability to ramp down the refresh rate for lower power consumption.

All four iPhone 14 models were announced by Apple last week and have been available to pre-order since September 9. The devices are set to launch on September 16, with the exception of the iPhone 14 Plus, which will be available starting October 7.

Article Link: iPhone 14 Battery Capacities For All Four Models Revealed Ahead of Launch

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
So Apple got rid of the physical sim tray in the iPhone 14 Pro Max… but it’s battery size got smaller compared to the iPhone 13 Pro Max? 🤔 You’d think if anything, it would get bigger.
You got an extra hour of battery life in the 14PM, though. That phone was already ten steps ahead of others in the battery life department.

MrSegundus

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2021
I just checked Apple's website...

iPhone 14 Pro Max battery specs:

Video playback:
Up to 29 hours

Video playback (streamed):
Up to 25 hours

Audio playback:
Up to 95 hours

iPhone 14 Plus battery specs:

Video playback:
Up to 26 hours

Up to 20 hours

Audio playback:
Up to 100 hours

The only battery spec the iPhone 14 Plus has better than the iPhone 14 Pro Max is audio playback. It lacks on Video playback so I wouldn't call it "the longest battery life ever of any iPhone".

rick987611

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008

Video playback:
Up to 29 hours

Up to 25 hours

Audio playback:
Up to 95 hours

Video playback:
Up to 26 hours

Up to 20 hours

Audio playback:
Up to 100 hours

The only battery spec the iPhone 14 Plus has better than the iPhone 14 Pro Max is audio playback. It lacks on Video playback so I wouldn't call it "the longest battery life ever of any iPhone".
It was for 25 mins 😂

Solid_Snake

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2021

Video playback:
Up to 29 hours

Up to 25 hours

Audio playback:
Up to 95 hours

Video playback:
Up to 26 hours

Up to 20 hours

Audio playback:
Up to 100 hours

Video play back is more because the Pro models have a more power efficient display.

Reactions: orbital~debris

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Why would they want to sell more of a phone that costs $200 less?
Maybe because more peeps buy the non-Pro models? And it’s the higher end of the non-Pros? I have no idea. It’s why I asked. Seems weird the non-Pro would have better anything than the Pro line. So I was trying to find a potential reason. 😜

Reactions: Jovijoker

Supercyborgninja

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2022
I once had a Plus but that was with 6S Plus.

That was 5.5 inches. This is 6.7...idk how I'd be able to carry a Pro Max around. But the battery life is much bigger than reg. Pro :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.